StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Part 1 and part 2 were completely different to each other (part 1 being superior). So check it out.

Yeah, I want to

s

#127 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

If you guy's had read the 1st page of the post, you would have read the original footage wasn't obtainable to them. To the average person they probably wouldn't have a clue about the wrong cars, there was a lh cruising around when they were 1st toying with the lc gtr to become a xu1. For a ratings "only" circumstance, what they did was probably what was needed. Anybody else wanting to know more about Peter & these car's, Will probably obtain other dvds ect. The polarizer was most probably discussed a fair amount because of the controversy & division between Holden & HDT (& the Brock's) ,at the time was a big deal in the Australian motor car manufacturing. If all the scenes were run past enthusiasts it'd never been finished, & then the associated families should have had the same control over the language ect. As a Torana lover I'd probably prefer to have an accurate script, than accurate cars any day. Was still enjoyable. Gary.

#128 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

& someone said about the movie, being more about Bev than Peter ? I don't think it was, it had a good mix of the adult family members, i thought & Bev was a wonderful support for Peter & he wouldn't have been what he was without her (personally that is). & Australian motor sport wouldn't have been so lucky, as to have him signing autographs & being so publicly accessible, if it weren't for the understanding wife & mother that she was ! Not to mention how much the family would have missed out on family time, for the sake of the car & racing industry. We should all be very happy for them to share his life so much. Gary.

#129 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

The show was shit...

If you had no clue who Brock was and just watched it as you were too lazy to find the remote and change the channel... You would be disappointed.

#130 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

someone said about the movie, being more about Bev than Peter?

My comment was tongue in cheek and I only saw Pt. 2 which seemed to be primarily devoted to the Polariser and his blonde (ex Neighbours/Rogue Traders) mistress.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 12 October 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#131 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

Bev Brock is really just a post meopausal Hag. She left her marriage in Sydney(?) and went after Brock. She never married him just moved in and changed her name to Brock by deed poll. OK they had kids, but she really is not the best person to have as a supposed icon in support of PB.

#132 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

Bev Brock is really just a post meopausal Hag. She left her marriage in Sydney(?) and went after Brock. She never married him just moved in and changed her name to Brock by deed poll. OK they had kids, but she really is not the best person to have as a supposed icon in support of PB.

"meopausal"  :wtf:  Can't find the definition in the Thesaurus, please explain as one red head said

So, you know Bev personally  :dontknow:

Wish I did

RegardSS ............. Barry

#133 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

You're joking right?

I could argue each of your points but want to save my typing energy for something more important.

#134 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

No I don't know her personally. Have no interest in knowing her.

I meant menopausal.

I suppose that the best thing about this and other forums is that they are open for all sorts of opinions.

I knew of and had dealings with a number of members of the HDT just before and after John Shepherd took over and not many had much time for Bev.

And for that matter neither did many of the people at GM-H at that time.

My opinions only, others may have theirs and I respect them for that I just may not agree with them.

When PB came along to the HTCAV with James to race a Torana in Grp N, he and james were welcomed  with open arms and given  the right of passage that he deserved. He was pulled into line with a car that was not correctly presented as would anyone else and he accepted that the car had been built wrong and changed what needed to be changed with no hassles. Better than some others in the category that push the boundaries and argue about everything.

That is the sort of guy he was.

#135 cameron

cameron

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Car:LX SS Hatchback

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

So, you know Bev personally  :dontknow:

Wish I did

RegardSS ............. Barry

LOL

(sounds like someone wants to stir another mans porridge)

Cameron

#136 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

No I don't know her personally. Have no interest in knowing her.

I meant menopausal.

I suppose that the best thing about this and other forums is that they are open for all sorts of opinions.

I knew of and had dealings with a number of members of the HDT just before and after John Shepherd took over and not many had much time for Bev.

And for that matter neither did many of the people at GM-H at that time.

My opinions only, others may have theirs and I respect them for that I just may not agree with them.

When PB came along to the HTCAV with James to race a Torana in Grp N, he and james were welcomed  with open arms and given  the right of passage that he deserved. He was pulled into line with a car that was not correctly presented as would anyone else and he accepted that the car had been built wrong and changed what needed to be changed with no hassles. Better than some others in the category that push the boundaries and argue about everything.

That is the sort of guy he was.

Believe only 1/2 of what you hear (hearsay) 

Believe in what you say or don't say it

Don't believe in photos (photoshop & digital enhancement for both still and film photography)

My SS looks great in photos

Pic-1--w.jpg

BUT, have you seen it up close  :dontknow:

Just looks like a daily drive car up close

AND not all you see for yourself  :sofa:

We all at some time or other have been guilty of passing on GOSSIP

RegardSS ....... Barry

#137 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,058 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

I watched it last night and it was rubbish. It's one saving grace was the not seen before footage of the race. It was actually a blessing in disguise that channel 7 wouldn't give them the rights to it. I think the actors did a great job of playing their respective parts, (although Larry should have been swearing lots more :) ) but the producers turned this "dramatisation" into little more than a soap.

One of the reasons channel 7 gave for not releasing the rights was that they were planning on making a documentary sometime in the future. Here's hoping they do a better job.

#138 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

Baz, there's a saying that says, you have 2 eyes to see, 2 ears to listen & only 1 mouth, so hopefully you'll react with words half as slow. Ie take it in, listen to the other persons point of view, keep calm & react graciously. Gary. Adam i understand what you are saying, truth is though some people, just don't give a crap about accuracy! Had a bloke say to me today, looking for parts for my burnt orange "ss" hatch ! I said "oh" you mean papaya ? He was like yeah mate it's burnt orange ! Papaya is paw paw, like the colour of a ripe one ! Clearly he either didn't give a toss or i was speaking another language ?

#139 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

Piquet, i think it's best if we don't talk about her anymore as we no doubt have very different opinions. All of them were no angels, but she seemed like a supportive partner, supposedly they had a commitment ceremony as you were mentioning. 1 of my friends old neighbours actually used to lend their family workshop to hdt & others as a check facility on the path to races, when cars where street driven & she helped with the ceremony & volunteered the venue apparently. Gary.

#140 davea79

davea79

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Name:David Angel
  • Car:Never Mind

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:59 AM

Love the scenes when the crystals are on the dash... do you feel that? hahahaha classic

#141 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Facebook said it was cr@p.

Case closed.

#142 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

Baz, there's a saying that says, you have 2 eyes to see, 2 ears to listen & only 1 mouth, so hopefully you'll react with words half as slow. Ie take it in, listen to the other persons point of view, keep calm & react graciously. Gary. Adam i understand what you are saying, truth is though some people, just don't give a crap about accuracy! Had a bloke say to me today, looking for parts for my burnt orange "ss" hatch ! I said "oh" you mean papaya ? He was like yeah mate it's burnt orange ! Papaya is paw paw, like the colour of a ripe one ! Clearly he either didn't give a toss or i was speaking another language ?

I don't react graciously when a lady is called "ungracious" names

The words were not slander but down-right nasty adjectives that need not have been used

So please consider your words carefully when talking about someone you do not know personally and have only heard stories about them, that is hearsay only

RegardSS ........  :soapbox:  Barry

#143 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

For those that don't know, Bev is Barry's leave pass :)

#144 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

I don't react graciously when a lady is called "ungracious" names

The words were not slander but down-right nasty adjectives that need not have been used

So please consider your words carefully when talking about someone you do not know personally and have only heard stories about them, that is hearsay only

RegardSS ........  :soapbox:  Barry

I'm with you Barry...................Gracious the times I've met her.

#145 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

What makes you say that Adam

Story-18.jpg

Bev--me-at-Cruise-stop.jpg

Saturday-11_1.jpg

Harrys-send-off-19.jpg

Bev-amp-me-1.jpg

Bev-amp-me-3.jpg

T-fest-passenger-W.jpg

Bev-cruising.jpg

Basically I do not like anyone bad mouthing a lady, especially Bev

RegardSS ..... Barry

#146 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

Epic pics pops.

#147 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Great pictures Barry

#148 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

They know not what to do

Forgive them

Understood and accepted and yes, Bev has a nice figure of a person of her maturity

Bev spoke open and honestly on that 23 minute drive back to the Fest motel for that Saturday arvo cruise

Those things we spoke about will remain with me

AND I did drive back slowly to make the drive last as long as I could, hope it wasn't too obvious to Bev  :unsure:

RegardSS .... Barry

#149 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:12 PM

I've been trying to be calm and not speak out with too many bad words and I don't think I have ever used this before, but will this time :thebird:  :thebird:

One for each of those comments

One should always defend a ladies honor

RegardSS .... Barry

#150 a9x868

a9x868

maurice mead of hatchbacks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Name:facebook dave
  • Car:valencia holden torana a9x hatch ultimate improvement on the barbados L34

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

I've been trying to be calm and not speak out with too many bad words and I don't think I have ever used this before, but will this time :thebird:  :thebird:

One for each of those comments

One should always defend a ladies honor

RegardSS .... Barry

total support for the lady barry

and street cred for you sir

wanted to press the like button

but your post deserved respect

cheers davemc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users