LH and LX merge into 1 muscle car

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#101 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

No way i thought you were Michael Angelo

I wonder when Bomber is going to come back with a comment about somebody being a cider drinker ??????? LOL

#102 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:25 PM

The next job i was looking at was getting rid of the SL trim mounting points around the window surrounds, a lot of cutting, grinding, welding, filing, sanding, priming, i have a set of doors that have already been done but i wanted to keep all the original panels and parts on this car that i can.

Attached Files

#103 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

I wonder when Bomber is going to come back with a comment about somebody being a cider drinker ??????? LOL

He is a bit slow on the up take

#104 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:53 AM

Found another picture, i also had to weld up holes around the out side edge of my tail lights, the SL trim on the LH had 2 small screws holding it on from inside the tail light bucket, i don't know what all these extra holes around the tail light were but i didn't want them so there gone now, must of forgotten to take pictures that's annoying.

Attached Files

#105 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Some of us have a job :-p

#106 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

Some of us have a job :-p

Its going to be getting hot in Rocky-Ham-Town soon, have to do some overtime for the beer funds. (i used to live in Mackay) 

#107 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

All grain home brew with a kegging system brother, grain to glass in house for about $15-20 a keg.

#108 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

All grain home brew with a kegging system brother, grain to glass in house for about $15-20 a keg.

Nice, this conversation is making me thirsty, come on beer o,clock.

#109 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

frOck mate at home pottering around the car that should have been hours ago.

#110 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

frOck mate at home pottering around the car that should have been hours ago.

Im hearing ya , Saturday or Sunday beer o,clock is about 11.00am but i try and hold back on weekdays, emphasis on the try. LOL 

#111 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:09 PM

I also got rid of the hole in the passenger side front guard for the aerial. Silly me didn't take any pictures again, but the way i did it was to cover the hole on the guard with masking tape, and then with a razor cut out a nice square that just covers the hole, I then traced around that square tape with a marker on the guard. I removed the tape and transferred it onto my replacement sheet metal, i cut out my traced marks on the guard and cut out my tape surround on the replacement metal, on the guard you have to cut to the inside of your line and on the tape you cut right on the edge. Then tidy up the patch and the hole till it fits good, then weld, fill, sand, primer,Cheers

Attached Files

• Attached File  044.JPG   85.91K   3 downloads

#112 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

I also got rid of the hole in the passenger side front guard for the aerial.

So you're not putting in a radio? That location is the factory one; contrary to what some believe; they were not released with roof aerials.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 17 October 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#113 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

BTW, that would have to be the worst possible place to put a battery tap

I was wondering about that, someone once told me they were kill switches; I guess they could act as one.

So, is this a racing thing to switch off the engine in order not to pump more fuel in an accident/roll-over?

s

#114 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

So you're not putting in a radio? That location is the factory one; contrary to what some believe; they were not released with roof aerials.

s

I just like the nice clean look with no aerial or extra trim, i am not putting a roof aerial on, i am going to have one of those hidden ones that go on the inside of your windscreen. Cheers

#115 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

I am going to have one of those hidden ones that go on the inside of your windscreen.

:spoton:

s

#116 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:31 AM

I was wondering about that, someone once told me they were kill switches; I guess they could act as one.

So, is this a racing thing to switch off the engine in order not to pump more fuel in an accident/roll-over?

s

Yer, its just so somebody from outside the vehicle, can cut all power if the driver cant.  

#117 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

somebody from outside the vehicle, can cut all power if the driver cant. 

I was told it was a key and you remove it once you park the car; then nobody can start your car without it.

I think I was being told porkies, lol.

s

#118 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

It is that as well. 

Should be on the back though.....

#119 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

Should be on the back though.....

If it's a racing thing, then shouldn't it be somewhere near the blue triangle? It'd only be on the back if the battery was located in the boot right?

s

#120 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

Oh wait I forgot some idiots have the battery in the engine bay. 

Under Cams regs, no, it shoulnt be in/near the blue triangle. That designates where the battery is, not the isolator. 

It has a slightly different blue triangle all to itself, something like this:

$T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyOTrBRRQhIKvEg~~60_35.J

For Cams it can be anywere TMK. Would have to check the rule book to confirm.

Pretty sure ANDRA requires it on the back, but dont have the rule book here so not 100% sure. 

#121 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

Oh wait I forgot some idiots have the battery in the engine bay. 

Under Cams regs, no, it shoulnt be in/near the blue triangle. That designates where the battery is, not the isolator. 

It has a slightly different blue triangle all to itself, something like this:

For Cams it can be anywere TMK. Would have to check the rule book to confirm.

Pretty sure ANDRA requires it on the back, but dont have the rule book here so not 100% sure. 

I suppose most are on the back in drag racing due to any extra weight like the battery is better at the rear of the car over the back wheels, and if you went nose first into the wall it wouldn't be any good  mounted to a plastic grille were it would smash off.

#122 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

I suppose most are on the back in drag racing due to any extra weight like the battery is better at the rear of the car over the back wheels

Also in drag cars many utilise that front battery space better: a bigger engine, turbo, cold air box using the headlight hole as the intake, etc.

if you went nose first into the wall it wouldn't be any good  mounted to a plastic grille were it would smash off.

I have seen them mounted there before and my guess is these cars don't actually do any racing.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 18 October 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#123 _dno_

_dno_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

I have seen them mounted there before and my guess is these cars don't actually do any racing.

s

Wank factor... 

#124 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

I was a bit disappointed when i started digging around with a screw driver behind the bonnet hinges, the drivers side was good but the passengers side needed some rust repair. This isn't a hard job but i was getting cocky telling everyone i had a rust free LX Torana, i will put a picture in of the plenum chamber just to make me feel better, i was very happy when it all looked good.

Attached Files

#125 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

More pics

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users