LH and LX merge into 1 muscle car

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#151 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

221?

I actually used 291 which is a marine grade sikaflex, it is suitable for all different materials including metals, and is suitable for 2 pak paints, i only got that because i have used it before on a boat i used to have and it was great, probably the same as 221 it seems that way.

#152 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

Starting to run out of room at this stage of the build every thing is piling up around me

Attached Files

#153 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

The first problem i had was when my dog who comes out the front when i work on the car on his long rope, got his rope caught on the front passenger door just after i blocked it all straight and flipped it and put a pretty good size dent in it. I was too mad to get a photo, the next balls up was when i walked past the car with the passengers guard sitting on the car with no bolts holding it on, and it got caught on my shorts and fell off which also dented a freshly prepared panel. I had the instrument cluster fall off my top self after digging around and hit me on the head then hit the ground and broke some mounting tabs, lucky it was the SL one and not the SLR one. After this i decided to stop work and work out a way to get some more room, i know rebuilding a car takes blood sweat and tears but this was getting bloody ridiculous, hears a picture of the guard after i fixed it, cheers  

Attached Files

#154 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Bugger, I just repaired a front guard last week I had dragged off with my stupid shorts. It had been the straightest panel on the effin car. So yeah, tiny sheds add a whole new level of angst to a car build - I feel your pain. I ended up setting up a Torana storage area under the house, with a strict no Entry policy for my kids and dog... And I put at least three bolts into any hanging panels!

Trying to find room to drag the engine/box now so I can start on the engine bay...

Stay calm, keep at it! :-)

#155 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Bugger, I just repaired a front guard last week I had dragged off with my stupid shorts. It had been the straightest panel on the effin car. So yeah, tiny sheds add a whole new level of angst to a car build - I feel your pain. I ended up setting up a Torana storage area under the house, with a strict no Entry policy for my kids and dog... And I put at least three bolts into any hanging panels!

Trying to find room to drag the engine/box now so I can start on the engine bay...

Stay calm, keep at it! :-)

Just finished sanding down my engine bay for colour, it is a bugger of a job but sanding sponges and maroon and grey scotch brites make it a bit easier, you can double up on the scotch brites for a softer feel and just keep turning and flipping them over. 

#156 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

Interesting fact:

In a hundred or so posts Mox has managed to post more pictures than Gene has in 8,000 +.

#157 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Interesting fact:
In a hundred or so posts Mox has managed to post more pictures than Gene has in 8,000 +.

Pmsl

#158 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:32 PM

Interesting fact #2:

Gene still has a phone (that works) and does not have a camera or internet capability..... He carries it in his back pack ;)

#159 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

Not interesting fact #3 your still a dickhead

#160 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

frOck it. Im outta likes to give ;)

#161 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Not interesting fact #3 your still a dickhead

Correct, it's not interesting :)

#162 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Interesting fact #4, us guys are here to help Gene, if you would like to know what car wash, type of sponge or what size bucket we use to wash our cars just ask we will tell ya, LOL

#163 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

Im a little bit annnoyed at how much Mox has gotten done. 

Since the start of this build thread, I have done nothing to my Torana..... And only 10 months left till six banger nats.... Shit. 

#164 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

Im a little bit annnoyed at how much Mox has gotten done. 

Since the start of this build thread, I have done nothing to my Torana..... And only 10 months left till six banger nats.... Shit. 

I started all of this crap well before my build thread, about a year, but i will catch up pretty soon and things will slow right down, I have owned a 186 in an EH and a 202 in a LJ and love all red engines, hope to make it to the six banger nats.

#165 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

I decided that my first car i bought was going to have to rough it out in the open air to give me more room in the garage. But because it had no front end and i couldn't fit one up without alot of  crap i had to come up with another idea. I was thinking i could of dragged it out with the engine hoist, but my driveway is exposed aggregate to my dismay and all jacks and anything with small metal wheels will not roll for shit. So i got my trusty kayak trailer and sat the front end on it with some blocks and pulled it out with my car. I bent the radiator support but it had rust anyway.  

Attached Files

#166 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Good feeling having some free area, but for how long ????????

Attached Files

#167 Covert

Covert

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Car:LH

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

I didn't think you were employed with the rate you were progressing  

#168 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

Nothing better to set the front of your house off as an old Torana half pulled apart, and as i keep going it might not be the only crap hanging around soon. The neighbours will be happy with all the crap hanging around the front yard and all the noise i have been making , i hope they don't want to sell there houses till the resto is finished. LOL

Attached Files

#169 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hey some mofo has stolen your front end
bad neighbourhood

#170 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hey some mofo has stolen your front end
bad neighbourhood

Some young fella stole it and  bolted it onto  the front of his hotted up Camira, looks good but he should of asked i would of helped, LOL

#171 _Growler_

_Growler_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

Mine wasn't on the front lawn not even half an hour and I got the wife sqwaking "Ya not leavin that there!" sqwak sqwak sqwak

Edited by Growler, 25 October 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#172 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

Mine wasn't on the front lawn not even half an hour and I got the wife sqwaking "Ya not leavin that there!" sqwak sqwak sqwak

I know the wifes at you and then everyone that turns up at the house wants to know what's going on and tells you a story about a old car they had one day, it was quieter with it locked away but i like the extra room.

#173 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

Is the one you're doing going to be barbados?  I hope so.

That shitter out the front looks good - even whens it's missing shit. Nice colour!

#174 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

Is the one you're doing going to be barbados?  I hope so.

That shitter out the front looks good - even whens it's missing shit. Nice colour!

Yep it is going to be Barbados, i was thinking about a few different colours but i have bought the paint now so there is no going back, its not cheap paint or supplies anymore

#175 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Thought i would put in a couple of photos of my professional outdoor priming area, might have to upgrade a bit before i start spraying colour, been looking at a few members set ups and getting ideas. 

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users