Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

post-56880-0-55074200-1445840011.jpg

You better pull down that ISIS flag before the AFP put you on their terror watch list.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 26 October 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#177 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

You better pull down that ISIS flag before the AFP put you on their terror watch list.

s

There to busy keeping an eye on Bomber Watson, or trying to catch that drug dealer Ice, and who knows what Skapinad gets up to, LOL

#178 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Gave the car a good clean every where with the pressure cleaner before i started to think about priming the shell, nearly 40 yrs of dirt and grime takes a bit to remove next time i think i will wear a space suit, LOL

Attached Files

#179 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

Good stuff Andrew, this is what I gotta do underneath the HQ.

Did you spray any degreaser or anything to get all the road grime off underneath the car or did it all come off after a bit of persuasion? Contemplating whether I do this before or after I paint it..

Edited by j.e.d., 28 October 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#180 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:55 AM

Have you considered getting a rotisserie? You almost have it back to the bare shell.

s

#181 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Good stuff Andrew, this is what I gotta do underneath the HQ.

Did you spray any degreaser or anything to get all the road grime off underneath the car or did it all come off after a bit of persuasion? Contemplating whether I do this before or after I paint it..

I just used my pressure cleaner and a scraper for the build up areas, degreaser wont help heavy areas, the floor pans, wheel wells and chassis are good and solid so i didn't want to take it back to bare metal, thought i would just leave the factory protection on. I cleaned it before priming because i wanted a total clean base to start with so once i start painting i could keep going including touching up with the chassis black underneath after the exterior colour. have to be careful not to be spraying grease and grime all over your prep work which ever stage your at.

#182 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

Have you considered getting a rotisserie? You almost have it back to the bare shell.

s

By the time i am finished it will be back to a bare shell, the front end and diff will be removed as well, i am just keeping them in at the moment so i roll it in and out of the garage, due to space issues. I am planning on getting full rego on the car and driving it a fair bit on weekends so am not going to far on the underneath, it will be getting a clean and hit of paint but it wont be fully detailed or powder coated components.

#183 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

Got all panels and shell in its first round of primer, now its just a lot of block sanding and fixing imperfections, pretty boring stuff.

Attached Files

#184 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

Stole 4 milk crates from the local shop to sit my doors on to paint the insides all at once

Attached Files

#185 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

Borrowed not stole.

#186 GMH-01X

GMH-01X

Drive Fast Take Chances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Name:Aaron
  • Car:1977 Hatchback

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

I've still have 7 or 8 milk crates on loan

#187 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

I've still have 7 or 8 milk crates on loan

The good old milk crate has hundreds of uses. Very handy and cheap high tech piece of equipment.

#188 BIG KEV

BIG KEV

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Car:LHSLR5000 and The 6LT Project

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think every house would have at least one or two
I have my fair share of them .....very handy

#189 _dno_

_dno_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

I've got the odd one or two, my tip is if your making work benches or stools make them the same height as a few milk crates you'll be glad if your ever short one or two.

DSCF7027.jpg

Keep up the build mate, it's coming along well.

#190 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

I've got the odd one or two, my tip is if your making work benches or stools make them the same height as a few milk crates you'll be glad if your ever short one or two.

Keep up the build mate, it's coming along well.

Good tip, there like having a mate with you to hold stuff up, but they don't drink all your beer, lol

#191 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

There to busy keeping an eye on Bomber Watson, or trying to catch that drug dealer Ice, and who knows what Skapinad gets up to, LOL

Im currently fishing for eels to smoke... I shit you not ;)

#192 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

I can suggest some other stuff to smoke if they don't get you high, LOL, no seriously that would be a good feed hope you get a few. 

#193 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,141 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

You are a hill billy next you be chasing gators bloody redneck

#194 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

You are a hill billy next you be chasing gators bloody redneck

Redneck that's a bit rich from somebody way way out west, at least we live on the popular side of the country, LOL

#195 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

I am so sick of sanding, thought i better get my hands dirty and start pulling the front end out for a rebuild, and will hopefully make the engine bay a bit easier to paint.

Attached Files

#196 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Got the front end out and stripped it down, had all original bushes and ball joints, must of build them pretty good in the day. Now i got a choice between rebuilding the front end or painting the engine bay or keep bloody sanding hanging panels.

Attached Files

#197 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

Got my new spray gun the other day, all through the process of this body work i have been speaking to the same bloke at my local paint and body shop supplies and he is very helpful, i was talking to him about a lot of different spray guns and the particular job i was doing and my budget for the job. In the end we settled on the gun in the pictures, i would of liked to of bought a top end gun that would of cost me a lot more money but he assured me this gun would do a great job as he has sold them and used them himself with no complaints.

Attached Files

#198 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

I make my bread and butter with Star guns. 

There good when new. After a few hundred litres of paint go through them though there #@$^%&, and cheaper to just get a new one than try to fix it. 

cheers. 

#199 _Mox_

_Mox_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

I make my bread and butter with Star guns. 

There good when new. After a few hundred litres of paint go through them though there #@$^%&, and cheaper to just get a new one than try to fix it. 

cheers. 

Good to hear Bomber, that gives me some more confidence, the amount i spray it should last me for a fair while, my primer gun is a Star to and it goes well,

#200 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

Yep most people wont come close in a lifetime to what I spray in the average week, And the guns treat me well for a few weeks before they start playing up so you shoudl be fine. 

40lt in a day is nothing out of the ordinary around here hehe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users