#426 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

None of them of course, they are ONLY females.

I am fortunate though. If I say I'm going out to the shed she has never once complained, whinged, yelled or abused. She is the happiest lady I have ever met and I want to keep it that way. (Especially after the last one)

And no Chopper, she doesn't have a sister.

RACV MAN

#427 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:03 PM

Not sure where I'm meeting yet, will see what others are doing, would probably prefer to go up the hume.

253toranaSS, what g/box are you running? aussie 4 speed (M20/M21?), if you can supply the ratio for 4th gear I should be able to work out the revs at 100 for both diff ratios. Locked diff should be safe unless its wet :o lol

EDIT: oh yeah, will also need tyre/wheel info to calculate revs. ie, 225/50/14, something like that...

Ok im running a M21 no idea wat the 4th gear ratio is, Rear tyres are 245/40/14

I think i might just stay safe and put in the 3.08, as i dont want to chew an axle up while im there and be stranded!

The List is look great!

#428 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

That list is looking GREAT everyone! Thank you for your suport!

Just a couple of things i want to re-visit about the day:
1) BRING CASH!!!!!! THERE ARE NO EFTPOS FACILITIES AT HEATHCOTE RACEWAY!!!!!

2) BRING SUN PROTECTION - Heathcote has limited covered area and it can get very hot. Remember to bring sunscreen, hats and appropriate clothing! We dont want to see any Crispy Critters! ( I'm the worst culprite for this!!)

3) REMEBER YOUR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING - Long sleeve shirt and Long pants and enclosed shoes! ( Helmet too if youve got them! there are a few avbailable at the track for those who CANT get one!)

4) RACING STYLE: The day wil primarily be grudge racing, which means both cars leave on a simultaneous green light. We will try to run a Dial Your own even toward the end of the day for some fun and to level the playing field a bit!

5) TIMING CARDS: Ive been warned that time slips have to be collected from the timing booth at the end of the return road. When i was there, the forum i was with had an army of people working their ASS off all day ( including myself) to make the day run smoothly and that included people handing out the time cards.
What i need to ask is if we can have some volunteers to help out during the day to hand out the time cards to teh racers as they come back down the return road. All i ask is that we have a few people for 30 miunute or so stints at the booth to help us out. Could we have a show of hands as to who would be willing to help out!? Your generosity will not be overlooked!

6) Setup and New Racers: Get there early so that we have plenty of setup time and any new racers can familiarise themselves with the track before racing begins. This day is a fun day for us, and i want everyone to be safe and comfortable racing. There will be HEAPS of experienced racers around so feel free to ask any questions, or even ask for an experienced racer to come for a ride to show you what to do ir even just give you some hints! I'd be more than happy to help out like this!

7) HAVE FUN AND TOLLERATE EVERYONE. - Remember - You are the face of this forum and we have organised this day. Please behave yourselves, listen to the officials instructions and act in a safe and corteous manner. We are all here to enjoy ourselves so I dont want to see any fighting, arguing or taunts about people's cars. The day is fun and your creating a name for our forum! Remebr we wanted to be invited back.. not banned!

Ive also been in contact with some friends in melbourne who MAY be able to get 5-7 cars from Rajab Racing to come up for some racing! We will know more tomorrow, but i know their cars are HEAVY Hitters, so it'll be great to see some really fast passes!

I'm getting SO excited now, I'm heading off tomorrow morning for the long drive down, and will be in bendigo tomorrow night! Cant wait!

Looking forward to seeing those who ive seen before again, and meeting up with alot of the people from the forum and just having a great time!

Cheers and SEE you there!

#429 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

Ok im running a M21 no idea wat the 4th gear ratio is, Rear tyres are 245/40/14

I think i might just stay safe and put in the 3.08, as i dont want to chew an axle up while im there and be stranded!

4th gear in both M20 and M21 is 1:1 ratio

#430 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

1. LXCHEV (Brett) - LX Hatchback or sedan?
2. 253ToranaSS (Matt) - LX Hatchback
3. TORANR AMORE (Rick) - LX Sedan
4. 73LJWhiteSL (Steve) - LJ Sedan
5. Svenikus (Steve) - Subaru Brumby
6. Svenikus' brother (Tim) - RX3 coupe
7. Tiny and simmo - Shitbox Errr Ford daily car.
8. Tiny's Mate Clayton - VR Commodore
9. Tiny's mates Jeff and nicole - Stocker VT
10. Peter UC - UC Sedan
11. MYLJ (steve) HQ wagon
12. TORANASS (John) VN BT1 V6
13. gtrtorana (Daniel) - LJ coupe
14. Stedz (ed) - his car
15. CHOPPER One of my work vans
16. LC-069 ( mark) - LC COupe
17. LC069 mate (Simon) - Vr Clubby
18. TT355 (Mark) Vl Turbo Calais
19. 73LJWhiteSL's mate (Mark) - HJ 308 ute
20. MRSLR (Peter) - LH SLR Sedan
21. INDULJ (Spiro) - VN Commodore Charged
22. Drakey (Ryan) - LC 1971 4 door torana
23. Drakey's friend (Nic) - Nissan skyline GTS-T R32
23. Ferg (Ian ) - VK Calais
24. Fergs daughter Krissi ( Krystal) VN SS
25. Fergs son Mr Natural ( Dean ) LJ Torana 202
26. Fergs friend ( Bob ) LC GTR
27. LOSTIT (Denis) RX4
28. Shevster (David) LJ XU1 mockup
29. XDslider (Luke from racerite forums) XD Ute 331 Clevo
30.Stedz Mate's Hx 308 Ute (2 drivers)

Hit the 30 for sure now :D

#431 _LUSHUS LH_

_LUSHUS LH_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

You Forget me an mum racing the lh.

Who is going up thro yarra Glen?? torana amore has messaged me, is anyone else goin up that way, if so what times???

lushaz

#432 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

Chopper how many Toranas have u gone thru in the last few months? U cant pick up a Trado and Find the Perfect lady friend! i think its more like finding an A9X!

I've had 3 Toranas in the last 40 years. And many, many more women in the last 10 years.

#433 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

TIMING CARDS: Ive been warned that time slips have to be collected from the timing booth at the end of the return road. When i was there, the forum i was with had an army of people working their ASS off all day ( including myself) to make the day run smoothly and that included people handing out the time cards.
What i need to ask is if we can have some volunteers to help out during the day to hand out the time cards to teh racers as they come back down the return road. All i ask is that we have a few people for 30 miunute or so stints at the booth to help us out. Could we have a show of hands as to who would be willing to help out!? Your generosity will not be overlooked!

* raises hand *

The van is how I make my money, so it won't be heading down the strip too much.

#434 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

with the time cars we had a few kids help out last time and they loved it......gave them a chance to do something else and not be to bored watching racing all day...

so if anyone is bringing thier kids along and they get bored ask them if they want to hand time cards to the racers

#435 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

1. LXCHEV (Brett) - LX Hatchback or sedan?
2. 253ToranaSS (Matt) - LX Hatchback
3. TORANR AMORE (Rick) - LX Sedan
4. 73LJWhiteSL (Steve) - LJ Sedan
5. Svenikus (Steve) - Subaru Brumby
6. Svenikus' brother (Tim) - RX3 coupe
7. Tiny and simmo - Shitbox Errr Ford daily car.
8. Tiny's Mate Clayton - VR Commodore
9. Tiny's mates Jeff and nicole - Stocker VT
10. Peter UC - UC Sedan
11. MYLJ (steve) HQ wagon
12. TORANASS (John) VN BT1 V6
13. gtrtorana (Daniel) - LJ coupe
14. Stedz (ed) - his car
15. CHOPPER One of my work vans
16. LC-069 ( mark) - LC COupe
17. LC069 mate (Simon) - Vr Clubby
18. TT355 (Mark) Vl Turbo Calais
19. 73LJWhiteSL's mate (Mark) - HJ 308 ute
20. MRSLR (Peter) - LH SLR Sedan
21. INDULJ (Spiro) - VN Commodore Charged
22. Drakey (Ryan) - LC 1971 4 door torana
23. Drakey's friend (Nic) - Nissan skyline GTS-T R32
23. Ferg (Ian ) - VK Calais
24. Fergs daughter Krissi ( Krystal) VN SS
25. Fergs son Mr Natural ( Dean ) LJ Torana 202
26. Fergs friend ( Bob ) LC GTR
27. LOSTIT (Denis) RX4
28. Shevster (David) LJ XU1 mockup
29. XDslider (Luke from racerite forums) XD Ute 331 Clevo
30.Stedz Mate's Hx 308 Ute (2 drivers)
31. LushusLH and Mum (Rene) LH TORRY

Chopper: Thank you mate, It may also help your kiddlets have a bit of fun helping out too! As simmo said we had some bored kids who really loved helping out and seeing some tough cars close up! I'm sure there will be others that can lend a hand too, We dont want to lock any one person into the job all day... but it does need to be done!

Thanks! :)

#436 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

It is now 100% confirmed that neither of my kids will be coming. They reckon nanna is much more fun.

#437 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

not even the lure of handing out time cards!?!? what is up with kids these days!? Sheesh!

#438 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

I think the kids of today need to spend more time around petrol and oil fumes, rather than computer screens.

#439 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hmmm I can't really talk in that respect... heh heh

#440 Ferg

Ferg

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Car:72 LJ XU1 rep

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

Heath does that mean you need to sniff more eng oil or computa hard drives ay :clap: heh heh

#441 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

If no-one is able to go on 'timeslip handing out duty', it just means after each run you gotta walk up to the control tower yourself and grab your slip. I've never been to a day before where they've been handed out, man that would be nice! But yeah, when grabbing them yourself, don't wait too long, otherwise you gotta sort through the whole pile, and it builds up quick if people aren't collecting their slips!

Something worth mentioning to all entrants - on the day you will get a number put on your side window. Good idea to remember this number, as it's the only way you'll know which timeslip to grab!

On the convoy note for those on the Yarra Glen side - I've had a few people asking today. But I've just been told by another mate, that it's actually quicker to go out Greensborough direction. So either way, we'll have to work it out tomorrow. At a guess, I am looking to hit the road 7am - 7:30am. Sometime in there. I know it's gonna be an early start, but I'd rather get there with plenty of time to spare, relax, let the car cool down again etc....

#442 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:15 AM

About to hit the road everyone... SEE you tomorrow!

For those that have my number, I'll be reachable on the mobile for any last minute questions!

Cheers!

#443 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

ill help after i get my fix for the day )

#444 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hey LXCHEV I am thinking that i will go up with you guys as i don't like the freeways to much. Where is a good place to meet up if im coming from surrey hills.
Heath and Chopper you guys are round my area too, which way are you going????
Oh i'll be racing too!! been a mad rush to get ready and wasn't sure if i was gonna make it! Just in street trim though couldn't get around to buying slicks :cry:

#445 _gtrtorana_

_gtrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

Love to see that petrol prices have increased just in time for our thirsty cars to drive to Heathcote. :angry:

#446 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

haha yeah i notice that as well! 125!

GOT MY CARBY ON LAST NIGHT!!!!! And i cant wipe the smile off my face! Absolutely Fantastic! Tim (Oldn64) Sure does know how to build a Quaddy! Sounds so PHAT as well now!
Did have a minor electrical problem which resulted in the car not making it home last night, but once it got home and in daylight, it was a very minor issue :banghead: (Loose nut on the alternator!)

Just changed the diff to the 3.08 and WOW the pick up just shits all over the 2.78! If i put the 3.9's in 3rd gear would be chirpin all day!

Even with the 2.78 in the wet i couldnt even use the secondaries! bloody wheel spin!

Anyway i CANNOT WAIT TO BE THERE!

Tim said that he will try and get his car ready to come up as well, said he knows of a few others that are coming up that arent on the forums! apparently word has got around bout our day and how good it will be!

#447 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Love to see that petrol prices have increased just in time for our thirsty cars to drive to Heathcote. :angry:

An people wonder why i went to straight gas. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that petrol has gone up again. But then Gas has gone up heaps since last year as well. :furious:

Steve

#448 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

Yeah I know... stupid tax. It'll be the price of petrol when my car is registered :P

LHMusl, I am going to dad's soon and will be taking the Yarra Glen route, but possibly not cruising at the same time as you guys. We will see... look out for a little shit in a 91 D-C Hilux :P

Never knew you were that local though. Have a chat to Dave (Shevster) and see what route he is taking. He lives 2mins from my house. Come to think of it i just saw Dave cruising through Box Hill 30 mins ago. Ahh it's a small world when people drive unique vehicles.

#449 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

Never knew you were that local though. Have a chat to Dave (Shevster) and see what route he is taking. He lives 2mins from my house. Come to think of it i just saw Dave cruising through Box Hill 30 mins ago. Ahh it's a small world when people drive unique vehicles.

Hehe, yep just fuelled up at the BP so she's all ready for tomorrow.

I'm actually unsure which way I'm going yet, will probably be cruising with TORANA_AMORE. I'd say the hume route at this stage. In the morning I've gotta cruise from the basin (housesitting sis's) in the daily driver to pick up the torana in the morning then leave for the meeting point (TBC).

#450 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Hey all, sorry for late reply, have had a nightmare couple of days. Managed to get 400km's clocked up on LXCHEV (cruising all night). Had 2 separate fuel leaks, fixed them ok. Car then developed a mild oil leak (stinky smoky crap burning on the extractors). The oil leak is just continuing to get worse. Had the car on the dyno this morning, tune was great, car feels ace, but we discovered the oil problem appears to be weeping from the actual head gaskets!!! So it's all over for now, will be pulling the heads off next week.

Anyway, Deb and I will both be there in the other beast. Not happy my car won't make it, but oh well.

As for this cruise tomorrow morning - sorry I have no idea where/what time... We are actually going to try going out the Greensborough way, as I've heard it's a fair bit quicker from our area than going the Yarra Glen/Yea way. We're gonna leave from Boronia/Bayswater by 7:30am sharp. I am going to look up this way in the Melways tonight to try and work it out properly, so sorry I have no idea on a meeting spot right now, if anyone else was interested in going this way? TORANR AMORE suggested meeting at Lilydale Macca's, but since we're no longer going that way, I'm not sure if anyone else will still be heading out that direction??

Will check back on forums in a couple hours..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users