#76 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

We'll have to talk to LXCHEV about that because he was th eone that made contact with Heathcote park about it all!

We'll give everyone plenty of notice of the exact times etc but probably not till late january.

Cheers!

#77 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:20 PM

One of my Toranas is now an outside chance to compete in March 2006!

* fingers crossed *

#78 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

Which rana chop? What will it be runnin?
Think il be takin the circuit car (lc torana) As the lx may not have the stally in time n it needs one bad before i even think of racing! C how we go! Good to hear ull have a rana!
How many guys are dropin pipes etc? t
Cheer
Ed

#79 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:14 AM

Ive never run with pipes off, so i'd like to give it a go and see what kind of a difference it makes! (plus get some video footage of the sound... Oh the sound!)

I'll be bringing my drag dadials to race on, dropping the pipes, and i'll defintiely have the 3.7:1 diff ratio in by then. Hopefully this will see the car run its best ever!

#80 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

I bloody hope i can make it! My car might not pass for drag worthy as it has some leaks... :angry:

#81 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

leaks?

As long as nothing leaks onto the racing surface then its fine!

What leaks are you talking of?

Radiator overflow: You dont know how many cars ive seen with coke bottles as overflows...

#82 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

Sump gasket leaks & the diff leaks to. All are easy fixes though. I got a over flow bottle already.

TUFF

#83 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

this will be interesting (leaks).... just let me know which lane your in so i use the other

#84 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:37 PM

That's exactly why they dont allow leaks... So the real racers like 830HP dont get into trouble!

Easy fixes... 3 months... no excuses TUFF!

#85 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:26 PM

yeah i got the same problem, but ill make sure i get off my arse and fix it, hopefully its just the rocker cover gaskets :rockon:

Cant wait!!!! Not long now, just over 3 months away now!~!

#86 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

I'm getting through all my leak issues!

At this point in time ive gotto track down a leak from teh back of the engine... rear main is what i fear!

But its not drag racing dangerous thankfully.

Cheers.

#87 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

im following behind 830HP ) .

hopefully i get my auto overhauled and crack the 10's ) . or if the cash flow is good maybe a cam change , and gas kit .

Seeya in the 9's )

Denis
Lostit

#88 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

I will make sure she is leak free before i travel down. Car has to be 100% i don't want to be towed home! I will see if i can get the panel damage fixed before then to... fingers crossed...

josh

#89 _dansedgli_

_dansedgli_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

I will make sure she is leak free before i travel down. Car has to be 100% i don't want to be towed home! I will see if i can get the panel damage fixed before then to... fingers crossed...

josh

Ill be bringing mine on a trailer. My supra box will be hanging to blow by then.

#90 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

I have to fix the sump gasket leak the diff leak.. roll the front guards.. get the gear box looked at.. and she SHOULD be right... if money permits maybe a engine change before then but lets not push it lol

josh

#91 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

Which rana chop? What will it be runnin?

I have 2 UC Toranas, a trifecta of 202's and a 3.3. There are also 3 Trimatics in the garage, 2 banjo diffs and 2 BW diffs. There is also another 202 and a 253, but neither of those two will start.

#92 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

Wiked chop!
I think ill drop my pipes too.. I had the exhuast made so i could, Thats IF IF i get the stall in time im damn hopin so, tiny are u doin a pass with your pipes on then off? I think ill take mine off before i leave alot easier on the hoist. Another question wheres everyone stayin im thinkin of comin up the fri night after work n maybe even stay sat night..
Damn im excited i want it to be sooner but i want it to be later so i can have the hatch there id like to run 14's but im dreamin Whats everyone else's hopes?
Cheers
Ed

#93 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:43 PM

Whatever I bring, I'll be driving it there, so ther won't be any dropping of pipes etc. for me. I'll be making it a day trip, so I won't be worrying about accommodation. How fast will I run? As long as I start and finish on the same day I'll be happy. :spoton:

#94 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

For me...

It'll be air cleaner ON... Pipes off...

ive gotto try it while i can! Street meets up here require 1 muffler at least :(

Were coming down friday so will be staying somewhere friday night and saturday night

Cheers

#95 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:03 PM

Mint, what do u hope to run tiny? How come air cleaner on? Thinkin dump the pipes the air cleaner back the shocks off alil to get it to squat alil more in the bum!! N prey for high 14's to low 15's then ill be a happy sailor! Oh n to be able to drive the car back up onto the trailer!!
Cheers
Ed..

#96 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

I dont like getting a gut load of crap into the engine.. I'll make that decision on the day.. but i prefer air cleaner on...

Hoping for a VERY low 12... maybe you'll be able to see me crack an 11 chasing LXCHEV ;) who knows hey ;)

See how it pans out.. i just dont want to break anything.. but hey. .if it happens.. at least i know im trying!

#97 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

Ahh that will be nice to c, im guessin u n lxchev will be havin a few line ups chasin the same times n all, Guess with all the money uve spent on that engine u have a bit more respect then me n my 308 if mine breaks means i might be able to go chev!!
I cant wait!!
U have a pm btw tiny
Cheers
Ed

#98 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hahahaha I believe Tiny may nudge me out at the drag day! For those who don't know, I recently pulled my brand new custom made 4-into-1's off and had another custom set made, this time Tri-Y's. (The 4-into-1's were too big for my engine, but I was also having some issues as well with the remote oil lines and couldn't be bothered trying to work out a solution, so I cracked it and just went back to a smaller set of pipes). So I have no idea what this will do in terms of power, and E.T. Haven't even had it dyno'd yet, and I won't be racing it until the forum drag day, so looking forward to seeing what it does. I may never run 11's again, but I'm sure Tiny and myself will have a couple of great grudge races!!! This is going to be a ripper of a weekend! I am hanging for it!

#99 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

Who did the pipes in the end? Does it feel more grunty or less? Have to check them out next boronia if the cars there..
Cheers
Ed

#100 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Count me out guys. Can't really afford it and very possibly my car will be undergoing some work at the time, pity but always another time eh.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 10 January 2006 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users