#101 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

CHOPPER wrote:

How fast will I run? As long as I start and finish on the same day I'll be happy. 

Ha ha ha....looks like I'm in your bracket CHOPPER!!
Looking forward to this meet.
I'm really hoping I can get my car up to scratch. I've swapped the diff now (nice and quiet, no clunks... that's promising), recoed 'box, new uni's and balanced tailshaft, so she's looking stronger all the time.
Hey LXCHEV, give us 100m start, and I'll give you a run for your money Ha ha ha lol

Not too long now!

#102 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:10 PM

i'm with herne, would be great but i made plans a while ago to start work on boris, (started chemo on her cancer yesterday) and im hoping to take as long as possible to do it so its done properly. at least i get to rat around in the scoobie for a while lol

#103 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Stedz: I think I'll be lining up anyone and everyone... I just wanna do laps mate! It'll be great lining up next to all the tough machines that we have on this site! It'll be a BLAST! I expect no more respect than anyone else there mate! My car isnt half as good as some of the works of art that our forum mebers hace created or are creating! Were all equal mate :) thats the joy of the drag strip!... PLUS.. cause its our day.. I think heathcote are happy to run DYO handicapping so everyones got a chance!

Brett: No fair mate! Now youve got excuses IF ( and thats a BIG IF... I happen to come close to your time!) But no in all seriousness.. I completely understand why youve done it.. and in your situation i would have done the same. You'll always have those 11 sec time cards mate and theyre for real!

Herne and Torunya: Shame you cant make it guys, it would have been GREAT to have you there! Thank you for letting us know early so that our plans can be best organised. I'm sure there'll be plenty of video footage and photos taken, so you wont miss too much! ( I'll try and save some rubber smoke smell for you!). Next time! FOR SURE :)

Knoath: Thats the joys of drag racing mate! constantly doing small upgrades to make everything work together the best they can! It'll be a top day.. and with Dial Your Own.. everyone's in for a cance to win :)

I'm getting SO pumped about this.. I'm DYING to go do a few laps of WSID but the weather man keeps killing my plans! TOmorrow is supposed to be 36 degrees out west with thunderstorms! Damnit!... Maybe the next time i race might end up being the TORANADRAGS!

Cheers everyone :)

#104 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

ty for the jar of tyre smoke (flog it off on eBay!)
if your runnin straight out extractors i should be able to hear ya anyway lol

#105 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

God damn it!!! You woulding farking read about it. Was really looking forward to this day, but guess who's car is being a wedding car that day???? It's for good friends, so I can't back outa this one.

Life is so unfair. Wonder if the couple would mind a seven hour detour, run down the strip and seven hour return trip on the way back to the reception? I'll run it past them and get back to ya!

Don't think God intended for me to do straight line stuff.

#106 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

That sucks Yella! Was looking forward to seeing you there! o well have to be another time!

I cant wait for this day now, had a nice run with my mates LX SS Hatch and its just got me more excited! Nothing beats the roar of tough torry's and squeeling tyres taking off!

Lucky we didnt chose the 25th of feb either cos i got a wedding to go to that day! haha

Seriously am pumped! Hopefully My HQ Prem will be ready in time to use it as a tow car up there! It will look sweet Metallic Black Dumped HQ Prem with big wheels towing my Orange Beast!!!!

#107 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

Gawd Damnit Pat! Bloody ingrates! cant you tell em to potpone it for a week or two seeing theyre such good friends!?

Anyway in all seriousness.. It sux you cant make it, maybe you can follow struggler up to WSID one night for a run!

Cheers

#108 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

I was really looking forward to it too fellas, come to think about it, I think I suggested the 18th March!!!! Damn it.

Tiny, yeah, might have to mate.

Had Makka's place lined up for the night and everything.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 10 January 2006 - 09:21 PM.

#109 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:58 AM

depending on this one, you guys might have to make it an annual thing!

#110 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Torunya: Yeah well if this goes off well that might be able to be organised! Maybe next time a return meet at WSID.... and teh following year.. maybe Willowbank!

Ideas Ideas...

#111 _dansedgli_

_dansedgli_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:42 AM

It has to be more often than once a year!

Another forum Im on goes at least 3 times a year. There seems to be a lot more Vic members though.

It might be possible to combine meets with other clubs with similar cars?

#112 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

Settle down! Our first meet hasn't even happened yet after around 6 months of discussion. Let's take it one pass at a time.

#113 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

I hope to get to WSID this next Weds. night if any ACT or NSW members are keen to rock up and have a run....Tiny ? Yella ?

#114 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

I hope you didnt mean tonight mate! Its absolutely HAMMERING down this damn weather!

BUT... if you mean NEXT wednesday.. then YES!!! i'll be there...
as long as its on.. i NEED to race!!

Cheers!

#115 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Can't make it this coming Wednesday to WSID.

Just out of interest, do they have a strip at Winton (Northern Vic)?

#116 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

When they re-laid the track a few years ago, I think they included a drag strip then. Just don't take my word for it.

#117 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:12 AM

They have a section for it, but i dont think its ever used! might be more fun to have a forum race meet there! haha then yella u can keep to your corners and bends! haha

#118 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:53 AM

winton = benalla?

#119 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:38 PM

Yes winton-benalla
I dont think there is a SET strip, they however use the main straight but i havn't head such things :S
Cheer
Ed

#120 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

thats no good Pat! iI even started cleaning my place up! lol.
it is getting close isnt it, I better make sure I get my car finished in time.....*runs out and keeps sanding the car*

#121 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

They have a section for it, but i dont think its ever used! might be more fun to have a forum race meet there! haha then yella u can keep to your corners and bends! haha

Or encourage forum members to go to the fun days?

I think Wintons calender is pretty full. Booking a day for a GMH-Torana meet would be pretty hard and probably very expensive

Steve

#122 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

Does anyone have any webpages or any info on what they look for when scrutineering a non-regoed drag car? I would like to know what I need to get taken care of before march.

How much do they care about rust? Do I need any specific safety equipment?

I've heard that they look for leaks and loose objects but is there anything else?

#123 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

Safety equipment is determined on how fast the car runs. I'd like a run down on this myself.

#124 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

Calder Park Rules

#125 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

Its Under 2 months to go now, and I just wanted to open it up to see who else wants to come along, and what friends they would like.

Ive been approached by some members who want to bring friends, and members of other clubs, and now is the time we should start to open it up to these people.

We Dont want to end up with 1000 cars, I think a limit of around 70-80 Cars would be heaps so that everyone gets more racing than they could ever want during the day. For that reason i think the following rules should apply:

1) Forum mebers will ALWAYS have preferance even if they have not pre-registered
2) We can welcome other people who we know with prior notice so that we dont end up with "gate crashers"
3) The behaviour of everyone must be of the higest standard, anyone found breaking rules or acting dangerously will be removed from the drag strip with no refunds and recourse.

Pretty simple stuff really, I just want to have a good fun day for all of our members and their friends, and to see a whole group of torries together!

Dont forget that we will have photographers there recording our day and that it will be in Performace Build Ups so we want to make it a good one!

Cheers everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users