#126 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

The list as i have it at the date of this post is as follows: Please let us know if there are any alterations that need to be made, and also start letting us know of who else is coming!

Cheers.

1 Tiny
2 LXCHEV
3 EHGIRL
4 Lostit
5 Chopper
6 253ToranaSS
7 Stedz_lc
8 Makka
9 Peter UC
10 Metalmaniac
11 LX406
12 Ultrabluea9x
13 MRSLR
14 LUSHUS LH
15 Drakey
16 Svenikus
17 gtrtorana
18 Tuff
19 knoath
20 73LJWhiteSL
21 GreenDay_59
22 YellaSLUR
23 830Hp Torana
24 WYLDLC 6
25 JG3282
26 JG3282 - Cousin
27 Southo
28 Herne
29 ChiaLX
30 LHMusl
31 dansedgli

#127 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

Are open faced helmets OK, or do I need a full face job? If I decide to drag my bike, do I need a bike license? No, I won't be riding it up.

#128 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

Open faced is ok for our class if racing ( thats all ive ever used!)

Dont know about the bike sorry!

#129 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:43 PM

That's good news. I found a really cool looking open faced helmet that passes ADR's. And it's in the cheaper end of the price range.

#130 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

Im in!! No matter what ill be there, still unsure on car but ill have a car there *touch wood* Ive got 2 mates that are keen both into old school cars both got hx'ish utes one with a worked 308 n the other with a cluby conversion both good ppl but love to melt rubber so im guessin they will go off on the pad!! Il giv them a call n confirm if there allowed by u guys!! 2 months dont tell me that :|
Cheers
Stedz

#131 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

hi,i will be going...

#132 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

Tiny, I may or may not be bringing one or both of my kids. They're 11 and 12 and can behave very nicely if bribed.

#133 _Drakey_

_Drakey_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

ok all, i have 2 people i would like to bring if that is possible. One has a VN SS but isnt ur typical crazy p plater he is well behaved, and the second one is a guy from my work who has a r32 gts-t skyline.

Now would you be able to let me know if these 2 people would be ok to bring so i can let them know.

And the guy with the skyline is worried that he might cop a bit of obuse about his rice mobile, but i assured him we are all nice people and that wouldnt happen....right guys and gals?

And remember if there is a skyline there, its something rice we can beat!

#134 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

I'll probably be bringing my Jap 4-banger, the mighty Econovan!

#135 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:56 AM

Ok I'll try and reply to everyone one by one!

Chop: No worries mate, I'm sure there will be plenty of red cordial to keep the kiddies amused! :P

Stedz: Could em in mate, Sounds like they;ll fit right in!

Guns n Roses: Thanks mate, Got ya locked in... Just for the plans, any spectators or friends coming?

Drakey: Bring em along mate, If you think they'd enjoy the day and our cars and have fun then theyre more than welcome! Your mate with the skyline will probably cop a bit of light hearted fun, but you can re-assure him there wont be any heckling tollerated and definitely no Abuse.

As i said above everyone, The day is about having fun and enjoying our cars having a blast racing each other for shits and giggles! There wont be any Abuse Tollerated toward ANYONE, and i'm sure that everyone invited will act accordingly and make the day an awesome event for us all!

Keep the replies coming guys, I need to get a bit more of a plan happening and in early march I'll contact you all individually regrding teh final plans.

We need as much information on who what and how so that we can organise this as best we can!

Cheers.

#136 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:20 AM

Wicked, Ill giv the boys a call next week n c if there able to come!
Also are we aloud to swap cars? Im havin my mate come up..actaully he's towin the car for me hehe, n if he was keen i wouldn't mind lettin him a run! he'll prob kick my time!
Anyway at this stage theres four with me 3 cars one extra! tryin to get a few more spectators! We r aloud passengers up there yea?
Cheer
Excited Stedz

#137 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:55 AM

We'll have to ask Heathcote to the rules on that.

I know at WSID street meets its the DRIVER that is registered ( signed waiver, licenced etc), and you cannot simply swap drivers. you CAN however pay for a second driver to be on the car. they give the car two race numbers and you indicate to the marshals who's actually in the car so they record the right racer's number on the time cards.

This does mean a second racer fee, but its all to do with insurance and liablity. I'll ask brett to talk to his contacts at teh track to discuss these issues!

Cheers.

#138 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

New List Update! - Remebered that Yella_Slur cant go, and added JNR_ATE. Thanks for the reminder!

1 Tiny
2 LXCHEV
3 EHGIRL
4 Lostit
5 Chopper
6 253ToranaSS
7 Stedz_lc
8 Makka
9 Peter UC
10 Metalmaniac
11 LX406
12 Ultrabluea9x
13 MRSLR
14 LUSHUS LH
15 Drakey
16 Svenikus
17 gtrtorana
18 Tuff
19 knoath
20 73LJWhiteSL
21 GreenDay_59
22 830Hp Torana
23 WYLDLC 6
24 JG3282
25 JG3282 - Cousin
26 Southo
27 ChiaLX
28 LHMusl
29 dansedgli
30 Guns n Roses
31 JNR_ATE

#139 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

FOOD AND DRINK

What's the idea there? Is it BYO, are we all pitching in? Regardless I'll be bringing a couple of cheeseckes and whatever 2 litre bottles of drink are cheap at NQR to share.

#140 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

Good question chop!

Umm having never been to heathcote this is another thing weve gotto ask. i dont know if they have facilities for BBQ or anything! Certainly dont want to be lighting a fire if teh weather is anything like it is down there lately!

Have to sus it out! Cheers!

#141 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well today is a total fire ban for all VIC. However gas BBQ's are legal.

#142 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, good question chop! i may just bring up a lil portable barby or something, and an esky with drinks for me and my girl. Ive Never been to heathcote so really have no idea wat its like, im hoping its got a good setup like sandown or something where we can make use of space!

#143 LC-069

LC-069

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC GTR & LX SL

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

We going to have a cruise down there say saturday morning? good for the guys who have never been there before.
It would be awesome to have our forum t shirts by then.

#144 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

I haven't been there either. However being country VIC, it will probably be hotter and dryer than Melb. Whatever you would normally drink on a hot arvo, bring double that. Better to have too much than trying to work out where to buy more if you run out.

#145 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

add me to the list tiny

looks like i will be there ,single throttle body or twin

we are racing time to get the front end done and the twin set up on ,
only hassle at the moment is money

i will be there anyway, no footy that day :spoton:

cheers
mick

#146 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:28 PM

Cool, there's another thread for confirmations. Post your details in there.

#147 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for the confirmations guys, Ive added all confirmations to the list!

OK, I managed to go to Heathcote raceway yesterday ( saturday) for another forum's drag day. I'm friends with the admins and was invited....

ANYWAY... I got some REALLY good information and insight into what goes on, and its all good news fow us!

Firstly, This is all from what i saw and what my friends advised me, but i want to check with Heatchote:

Theyre not TERRIBLY tight on the scrutineering. What i'm trying to say is.. If you dont have a tailshaft loop.. and your car is in good condition and not over powered.. dont break your neck trying to fit one just for this drag day.
The one thing they DEFINITELY are very strict on is overflow bottles. Always checked. Also they wont tollerate any leaks ontot eh track surface, so make sure that all transmissions, engines etc arent leaky especially when theyre very hot and under lots of load! ( Repeated runs).

You WILL need long sleeves and pants to drive as well as a helmet. I saw heaps of open faced helmets, so theyre DEFINTIELY fine.

I entered as a driver in my mates car. I paid the $40 entry fee and signed on the back of his car form, which is the waiver. They also allow passengers as long as they have long clothing and a helmet too. Passengers were charged at the entry gate as if they were spectators, and then upgraded with an armband ( Extra $5 fee at that event) to passenger status when the car got scrutineered.

You were free to jump in other people's car and race them ( of course if the people agreed!) the track didnt care who was in what car... the car got a race number and that was the timeslip.

The timing system was a little innacturate sometimes we found, and a couple of foul-ups occurred with it resulting in erroneous time cards, no time cards or multiple time cards for some runs... So please remember.. this is a fun day, and dont stress if the time slip doesnt show what you ACTUALLY did. Also at that time the timing boards were not working so that kinda sucked!

#148 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

We also stayed at a motel called the "Tea House Motor Inn". Ive got some photos as well as a brochure from them that i will try and add tomorow.

THe motel was excellent, rooms were great and we got a special rate ( organised through the other forum) of $100! This gives an indication of the price we SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET CLOSE TO should we decide to book there.

Theyve got good driveway access ( a little steep, but doable) and an area that i really liked for safe torana keeping! (Park your car outside your room window not 2M away from your bed. Also able to park cars into a corner for security too).

I'll add the pics ASAP, but we MUST decide on a hotel VERY soon as the Commonwealth games are on that weekend and bendigo is hosting shooting and basketball. As of this morning, they has 12 rooms available, but theyre filling up fast! we MUST pre-book. ( I'll be booking later this week if we deicde on this place.. I liked it and i NEED the rooms for sure!!)

I'll be staying there the friday night, saturday night and POSSIBLY the sunday night. THey have a BBQ there as well as a pool and i think we could have a great saturday night get-together around the barbie cooking some dinner and talking torries! ( see the piccies :) )

Cheers everyone

#149 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

So it will be $40 for me and $5 each for my two kids if I bring them?

#150 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

Chopper, I think what Tiny meant was for your kids it would be spectator price (I'm assuming $15) + $5 if they want a ride as a passenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users