• Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Sorry to here mate your a good kid

Anyway NEXT

#1827 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Awwwwww mate....sad to hear about your car, the damage looks pretty bad. Like you said, you have gained a huge amount of knoledge over the build. Which can be used on the next Torana ;) Maybe a BBQ308

#1828 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Equipment failure or pilot error?

#1829 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

G'day Heath, shame about the accident, i liked your green machine. Do you still have that race car you were building?....

#1830 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Whoops !! what a bummer Heath, we all stuff up mate. Try not to stew on it for too long, as long as no one got hurt . Ive got a few front bits lying around, I guess you havent had a chance to assess the damage fully, but if it is fixable and I can help out pm me, learn from it and move on mate,

#1831 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

shit -- sorry to see Heath
This thing was on the go when i first joined up and appreciate the hours that went into it -- funniest thread the build forums ever seen

Step back -- take stock and assess
Your ok that is the main thing

#1832 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

FIX THE FRONT

#1833 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Yeah well obviously there's gonna be another one coming. Long live the Toranas - this is going to be the kick in the arse that I needed to make shit happen on my blue car, because as you can see, all I do when I have a polished Torana to drive around is buy jap crap and work on that, hah!

If someone wants to buy it to rebuild it into another shell, that would interest me. I know some people who really liked the car but I'm not convinced that they would be man enough to make something eventuate from it - I'd be happy to be proved wrong though. Otherwise I'll keep the plates and remake something a bit more worthy of its reputation, some time down the track. If by some weird miracle, Shannons decide to repair my car, it will be for sale. I should have sold it earlier anyway. It was a shitbox that thought it was a balltearer and for one reason or another it became pretty significant in my circles.

In the end though, I'm glad that it was my Torana and not my Datsun, because LX sedans are a whole lot easier to replace than H230 wagons, and more importantly, I had my fun with that car. It never sat in a garage being a showpiece. It probably spent less than a fortnight indoors anywhere since 2005 when I bought it, it was pretty neat for a car that was restored by a kid and sprayed in his gravel driveway - it got driven day in, day out, I drove it to work in NSW, did burnouts for the boys at tafe, raced it off the street, thrashed it on the street, delivered pizzas in it every week, just went mad hooning and made its existence worth-while. I had so many close calls that you've gotta be impressed it lasted this long without a scratch on it.

How did it happen? Isn't a story I want to go into detail about but I will say a few things and none of them are lies. I had no medication, alcohol or drugs in my system and I wasn't going hard at all. I encountered the most sobering moment I've had in my life earlier that day and subsequently I was pretty stressed about stuff so I went to clear my head in the car and a lapse of concentration occured before I got properly out of town. The bottom line is that I f*cked up and a head-on with an 80 series with a bullbar can do a lot of damage to a Torana.

Life goes on. Taking a Torana out of this world sucks, but having an excuse to build another Torana rocks.

#1834 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Rodomo sent me a text today about this. As long as Heath is OK and doesn't spend the next 6 years in constant pain like I have, then there's nothing top worry about. Unless he hit something expensive with out having insurance cover.

#1835 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Sorry to hear Heath, can't imagine how it must have felt, good luck with the next one!

#1836 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

It's sad about the Torana but I also hope the sobering moment you mention is not causing too much stress or heartache for you.
It's been great watching you and your car progress, I eagerly await your next Torana build.

#1837 originalglenn

originalglenn

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

It's sad about the Torana but I also hope the sobering moment you mention is not causing too much stress or heartache for you.
It's been great watching you and your car progress, I eagerly await your next Torana build.

yeah as mick said

#1838 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

Life goes on! Glad to hear the car was insured with full comp at least, so that can lessen the blow a little bit.

Everything happens for a reason, find a positive out of it all and don't look back! Live with no regrets.

#1839 _stooy_

_stooy_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

Like I said in my text glad no one was hurt and I feel so very sorry for you, you really did turn nothing into something pretty bloody awesome. As others have said don't let it prey on your mind or wreck your confidence.

Anything you need and I mean anything (or anytime) let me know.

Cheers

Stewart

#1840 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

R.I.P BBQ-202

#1841 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

:( the 80 series won, well i think you should keep it and make it bbq 308

#1842 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Man sorry to hear about your car. Hope everyone is ok.
You will have to keep us updated as to what your plans are for the old girl.
Maybe you can save her and or use parts for the other car.

#1843 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

Have you had a chance to see how bad she is? If its insured and you get it back you could always change it into the race car (aka Frankenstein) or chop the bum off it and turn it into a real BBQ (you already have the plates).
One thing you should do is find the best picture you have of it, enlarge it frame it and hang it up on your wall.
Look foward to your next project(s) your only young and main thing is your ok.

#1844 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

can we have a day photo to look at ?????????

#1845 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Name:steve
  • Car:UC Torana

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

sorry to hear, we all make mistakes just dont kick yourself too hard over it as long as you are alright
hopefully someone will make good use of the useful parts that are left or it can be fixed.

#1846 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Cheers for the support guys. "BBQ-308" really doesn't have the same 'wit'.

Thanks Mick, appreciate it.

One thing you should do is find the best picture you have of it, enlarge it frame it and hang it up on your wall.
Look foward to your next project(s) your only young and main thing is your ok.

Yeah my girlfriend already did that for me for my 21st but I think I'll probably do a higher quality one one soon, due to the current circumstances.

As requested, some day shots. Car got returned to my house when I was at work today. What a stuff around. Now Shannons are arguing with some lying towies about fees and treatment etc. If a towie tells you that the car needs to go to some depot (and they'll charge you very significant storage fees) tell them to go and eat a dick.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If someone wants to beat that out then they can go for their life. I'll pass though lol, life's too short.

Edited by Heath, 28 October 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#1847 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Wow.

K frame looks strait? Or atleast in line.

so im guessing only the chassis rales from the k frame foward are bent??

Front guards back looks fine??

Cheers.

#1848 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

In the first pic, have a look at how far back the drivers side front wheel is compared to the passenger side.

#1849 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

I think that's mainly an optical illusion Rob, I didn't take the photo perfectly and the shadow changes things. The measurement from the centre of the wheel to the front of the door is about the same from side to side, but where the K-frame mounts onto the rails in the engine bay is far from straight. There is a proper kink in the dogleg of the rail on the driver's side.

#1850 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

i feel for ya mate fortunately when my torry was crashed into it was repairable found this one on ebay but

http://www.ebay.com....=item20bdee83d5
4 door bbq and underpowered just how you like them? on a serious note i hope some one makes some good with it would be a shame just to be melted down and turned into half a dozen great walls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users