- - - - -

RED 6's Lc 2-Door

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#51 _GTR071_

_GTR071_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:57 AM

Thats bloody awesome mate, sounds like a good little street car. Hope mine turns out as straight as yours. :spoton:

#52 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

heres what ive been up to while the forums were down, scored these seats second hand through www.protongtiforums.com, they cost me $800 plus freight and im really happy with them they are light years ahead of the standard lc seats and i think were pretty good value considering what you get for that money through saas or monza. supposedly proton want $1650 each for the seats brand new!

also in the picture are the correct sandlewood trims which i bought of lakeside to replace the tan colored ones which came with my lc

Posted Image

Edited by red6, 23 December 2006 - 12:08 PM.

#53 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

oh shit yeah. money well spent :spoton:

#54 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

yeah seems a bit steep selling a complete running car and only getting 2 seats for the money...but i guess thats the way the world works :rolleyes:

today the lc got a XU-1 front air dam from rarespares for christmas so ill start prepping the stone tray i have in the shed on boxing day and get some pics up when its all sorted out.

#55 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

thought it was about time i put up a pic of the whole car instead of just what ive been up to and this is as good opportunity as any.

so here it is my lc as it sits presently with its new air dam, sets it off nicely i think. however it is painfully low to the ground for our shity tasmanian roads, overall tho... :spoton:

Posted Image

#56 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:38 PM

Mmmm completes the look nicely!

Love the way you've left all the badges on too, really makes it something unique. Did you polish everything up for the photo? :D

#57 shanegtr

shanegtr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Name:Shane
  • Car:LJ 2 door
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

Much work to get those seats in and mounted up? They seem to sit in there pritty good

#58 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

An extremly nice job youve done there. This has to be one of the best LC's in tassy. Good luck with whatever it is you plan on doing next. . . :spoton:

#59 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:52 AM

love it. well done :D
sandalwood is gorgeous

#60 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:15 AM

heath- didnt give her any special attention for the photo just a quick wash, the front bumper and grill are different from any pictures i have posted up here before tho. I like the badges too i just wish you could get the 2600 guard badges in 3300, i was always tempted to put the 2250 badges of my old lc on there.

shanegtr- the seats were a pretty straight forward fit a couple of new holes in the original seat rails and two bits of plate steel with appropriate holes drilled in them, the peice of steel at the front is nearly twice as wide as the one at the back tho to get the seat sitting in the right place. if anyone ever wants the measurments i have them.

postal- i'd say its definetly one of the nicer lc's in hobart which is 100% daily driven, and probably the nicest S model, there are heaps of xu-1's and gtrs and crazy street machines hidden in sheds all over the state tho that ive seen once and then never see again... so you can never say.

plans for the future/long term are:
-a new 2.5" exhaust system with a xu-1 copy muffler and pacemakers.
-lsd bango.
-celica 5 sp.
-a new rebuilt 202 red with the counterweighted crank and starfire rods out of the shed and all the go fast bits i have at present along with either a ww2 or a set of small tripple su's.
-race harness's.
-alloy half roll cage.

#61 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

as some of you know ive recently picked up a celica 5 speed and conversion from lj30et, it comprises of;

-crs bellhousing
-crs crossmember
-crs reco steel case 5 speed and shifter
-clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing
-crs speedo cable
-shortened tailshaft
-complete rat trap assembly modified to suit the 5 speed

ive started to paint up all the bits and peices and get together a few other parts for the conversion such as a spigot bush from bursons and a manual radiator from timbotorrie.

just got to get myself a decent set of pedals and i should be good to go.

#62 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

i'll be watching :)

#63 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

picked up some manual pedals on saturday from timbotorrie, forming the last peice of the puzzle. got stuck into it today, got the engine and trimatic out along with all the auto linkages and the speedo cable all in one peice, then dropped the trimatic off the back of the engine and removed the flex plate and spigot bush.

then started to peice it back together attaching the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing with the new spigot bush. then slipped on the bellhousing and celica 5 sp. by the time i called it quits this afternoon i had the engine and box back in bolted up to the mounts. i also pulled up the carpet up and found that there was already a factory hole in the floor for the shifter which i wasnt expecting considering the car is a factory auto, looks like this will fit perfectly.

tomorrow i have to get a couple of bolts for the crossmember, then check the tailshaft fits, change the pedals to manual ones and sort out the linkages. if all goes well then ill start looking at getting the engine running again.

cant wait for a test drive :spoton:

Posted Image

Edited by red6, 27 March 2007 - 06:47 PM.

#64 _MediuM16A2_

_MediuM16A2_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

sweeet budd.. doing well>!

#65 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

Coming along very nicely. Love that yellow head; so retro! :P

#66 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

i would be pumped if i where you Rob!

coming along nicely :spoton:

will give the engine a different sound being manual too!

#67 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

making progress on the conversion, have changed the pedals from auto to manual, got the rat trap all sported out, swapped the rear uni over on the tailshaft as it came with one in there which didnt fit the diff, but it all fits perfectly now. however turns out the pressure plate i have has been damaged at some point so now im waiting on a new clutch kit to arrive so i can get the car back together which means the engine will have to come out again :<_<:

while its been off the road tho ive been keeping myself busy and have cleaned up some slight surface rust on the floors and fish oiled the front floor pans, which is something ive been meaning to do for ages. ill get the carpet, kick panels and recaros back in tomorrow then im just waiting on the clutch.

im also going to be putting a lj gtr type centre console which ive had in the shed for years in once the conversion is done, just need to source a new gearboot. also thinking of getting the celica shifter re-threaded so i can use the round aussie 4 sp gearknob so it all just looks factory.

#68 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

lc gtrs used to use the center console also.. the only difference being the 4 speed 'which gear is which' marker on the console as opposed to on the knob.

#69 _brocky_2006_

_brocky_2006_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

nice car red6 r u coming up in april to launceston i would love to see car in person it looks magic :clap: :clap: :spoton:

#70 _fat tony_

_fat tony_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

congrats man what a neat car ! best of all no welded in guard flutes or xu1 rear spoiler in sight! just a nice and clean 2 door if only there were more like this !

#71 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

got the lc back on the road today with its celica conversion works a treat and really in all honesty is the best modification ive ever made to it. the car is much more enjoyable to drive especially on highways, sounds much better and has much more pickup, its amazing how much power the old trimatic was sucking out of it.

no real dramas with the conversion a couple of little pointers for people doing this conversion tho;

-definetly take the entire engine and box out of the car together to do the swap.
-check you really have all the nuts and bolts you will need before you start.
-make sure if the car is a factory auto you remove the neutral safty switch so the car doesent think its in gear, its the two purple wires on top of the steering column where it meets the floor.
-have a look at a factory workshop manual and make sure you have every component for changing the pedals over and getting the rat trap working.
-have a good look through the forums and read other peoples posts about the conversion.

overall im stoked just a few little issues to sort out now such as getting the gtr centre console in, shortening the shifter, getting the speedo recalibrated and eventually a floor shift steering column, after all thats sorted im going to start building a new bottom end for her.
:spoton:

#72 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

completed a bit of a tidy up of the interior today:

-wired up a handbrake warning light switch i got from dinky48.
-fitted a lj type gtr center console which ive had sitting in the shed for years along with a new shifter boot and handbrake boot to match which i bought of ebay.
-had the celica gearshifter shortened a touch and resplined to take a holden gearknobs then fitted an aussie 4sp type gear knob i got from rares to match the center console.

Posted Image

#73 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

I did same conversion recently and with speedo I fitted 200 kph sticker to a 160 kph speedo and with 2.78 diff/13" wheels very close
I asked a speed camera operator to check read out as I went past at 40kph and it was OK. he was real happy to help

#74 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

excellent work man. Thanks for the pointers. I'm about to do this myself but with m20.

Too bad you got a rattrap, cause I was gonna go cable.. don't think I'll find a complete rattrap setup.

Edited by smeer, 10 May 2007 - 12:54 AM.

#75 _VHPirie_

_VHPirie_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

Hey mate good work with the buildup. It's something to be very proud of! :D

Love the colour u painted ur head with. I recently painted my whole motor that colour haha :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users