- - - - -

CHOPPER's Drag Only UC

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#151 _dannylxss_

_dannylxss_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

thanks for clearing that up tiny i knew it was somthing like that but why would you bother gattin a andra check for a 14 sec car it seems point less when you can turn up and run 12 all day long in a claped up datsan 180b as long as you pass the pits on the nite you are ok to run

#152 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:09 PM

Chopper do you intend to run front springs and shock or just let the beast be ultra low with nothing eg Funnycar look? Just curious!

Cheers
Herne

I shall take a silly pic next weekend. It's the least I could do after that comment.

#153 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

...but why would you bother gattin a andra check for a 14 sec car...

I never said I was getting an ANDRA check. What I said ( or meant to say ) was that I would be checking with ANDRA what I can and can't do to the car. And as all the info is ( should be ) in the ANDRA book, I'll pick up one of them next month when I'm visisting Kaz, Barny and Azza.

#154 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

Can't believe the last time I touched the car was back on March 12! Anyway it looks like the shoulder is finally on the mend...

That was wishfull thinking. The shoulder is now actually worse and could mean me taking a loooong time off work while it settles. So the rear suspension has been removed and the shell is now sitting on 1 metre tall jack stands to get the thing out of the way and create more storage space in the garage. The shoulder was injured 12 months ago, so don't expect any updates for quite some time.

#155 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

Hey chopper, dont let the fools get you down... You'll achieve a 14sec pass no worries... Mine has run 14.8 in full daily driver trim. I have 180HP at the flywheel and ran on street tyres. I'm running 3.08:1 diff which is a single spinner.

You have seen my timeslip (as it is registered on the drag time register here), and there's no way a UC is 1300kg. Mine with two people in it and an old VK EFI donk in the back weighed 1285kg...

Good luck to you chopper!
Keith

#156 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

by the sounds its time for your mates to give you a hand

heath?

#157 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

He knows the offer's always open.

#158 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hey chopper, dont let the fools get you down... You'll achieve a 14sec pass no worries...

The time slip I post isn't really important any more. If I wind up running the predicted times, good for me. If I don't, that's my problem. Either I put up with it, or I pour in more HP. Easy decision to make.

Heath, the physical injuries are only part of the problem. There are also other issues which have either directly or indirectly caused major problems. Dealing with those issues are far more important.

#159 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

Can we wipe the cobwebs off this one now?
Hows it going?

#160 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

I was injured 16 months ago when a car came out of a side street. Since then, two of the six injuries have settled and another one has been diagnosed. The back, neck and shoulders are still constantly giving me pain. The doctors have said I MIGHT get SOME improvement in the next couple of YEARS. Maybe. This doesn't mean I'll ever recover enough to be able return to PART TIME work. So I am not physically in a position to do much to either the Drag UC or the tow van. Plus the landlord instructed me to clear half of the garage, which has forced me to stack everything on top of everything else. I now cannot physically even touch the vehicles, due to the way things have to be for now. If there was somebody willing to loan me some garage space, then maybe something could be done.

In other words, don't expect any updates until at least next year.

#161 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:54 AM

Hope all goes well Chopper.

Unfortunately life's like that, you never know what is waiting for you around the corner.

Keep as well as you can.

#162 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

Unfortunately life's like that, you never know what is waiting for you around the corner.

^Literally^

You should sue the bastard :gun:

Hope all goes well, I'm sure there is some melbournian out there with some extra garage space..

#163 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:39 PM

Liability has been accepted. Legal action can wait, as there are far more important things to do first.

#164 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

never good to hear mate. My mum was in a car accident about 22 years ago, and suffered severe whiplash. She has had constant and ongoing problems since and still has VERY bad days. My great aunty was in the car aswell (along with my great uncle and my sister, who didnt survive) and she suffered injuries to her hips shoulder and legs, also had severe internal injuries. she is 80 next week, and lives with problems everyday (in terms of joint and bone problems) i say cover your ass now, because in the future you never know how bad it will effect you. find someone to sue, because they arent gunna give two shits when you are old and cant move.

hope you get better mate. :spoton:

CHris

#165 _radar_

_radar_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hey Chopper,
Hope all goes well with your recovery. When you are up to it I can put you in contact with a Torrie drag expert in NSW for some sound advice. He has built many drag Torries and owns many many Torries.

#166 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Even though it may be a while before I touch this again, I've decided it will no longer get the VK EFI 3.3 motor. It will now be getting a stroked 308.

#167 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

:party:

#168 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Some of you will know that I sold the bare shell just before moving house in Dec 2008 for the same price I paid for the complete car. Now that I have a new place with another 4 car garage, a double carport and a nice sized shed, I am now looking for another shell to continue on with. Having a significant improvement with the injuries means I will be able to complete most of the work myself, except for any welding. I'm aiming for a 13 second pass at the GMH drag day in 2011. Next year would be nice, but I well remember the delays I have already had.

#169 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

great to see....looking forward to the build

#170 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

Update? :huh:

#171 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Need to make room in the 4 car garage before I start looking for another shell.

#172 _Lostit_

_Lostit_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

Okkies to clear some thoughts abotu calder/heathcote requirements.

Anything above 10.99 only needs the basic overflow bottle and half tidy car really and thats about it .

10.99 to 10 requires 4 point cage /tailshaft loop

9.99 /140 mph equals more stuff not that you need to worry about that.

As for you wanting to run 13's H286 crane with iron red and quad will run this all day and fairly cheap to build just throw a set of street et street slicks and no need to do anything else .. really plain and simple . no need to touch suspension or anything .

#173 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

To run 13's ( or quicker ) will require me to buy a shell and bolt on all the stuff I already have. There is virtually no need for me to spend anything on the driveline as that is complete. Once the shed and double carport are organised, I will be able to make room in the 4 car garage. it should be ready to run a couple of months after that.

#174 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Looking forward to see it coming along Chop!

Who knows, maybe you could debut at next years Drag day!

#175 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

The hard part will be finding a suitable shell when there is suitable excess in the wallet. If I can find one this year, there is a chance of being there next year. otherwise it will just be the Falcon making some passes in March.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users