goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

How many real number matching LJ XU-1's do you think would be left? i have been told approx 200/300 left do you think that many?

lets make a list , I've got 1 of em

#102 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have one also...that makes 2.

scooter

#103 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

count me in thats 3
cheers.

#104 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

2 lj's and an LC for me..

Cheers Greg..

#105 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hoarder! :furious: :gun: As bad as TuffGong!..No! Make that almost as bad!
R

Edited by rorym, 02 July 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#106 _LoneOranger_

_LoneOranger_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

Would be nice to know how many genuine cars still exist.
But I don't think you will ever find out.
I know of 5 people that have a Genuine XU1 as part of a collection, and they won't let a car club or any car heads near them. They take it for a drive when it suits them and then put it away.
As far as they are concerned, It's their car for them to enjoy and no one elses business. You may as well start asking people if they have Commonwealth bank shares and how many.
It becomes very intrusive to those owners who don't want just anyone knowing the particulars of their car.
Just because we enjoy our cars being displayed for the masses, it isn't for everybody.
And sometimes with all the bickering within Clubs, you have to ask, Can you blame them?

I've said my 2 cents worth, I'll see what everyone else has to say.
John.

#107 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

Agree John..It is personal choice if they want the world to know they own one. Some are gun shy about that information considering the prices that we are seeing and I can understand that.
R

#108 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

You can count me in thats 6,cheers

#109 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

my 3 makes 9

#110 wingnut

wingnut

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:57 AM

Interesting where this thread is going.

I have to agree with the " Loneranger" - I don't want everybody knowing about
my " Show one". I learnt a bitter lesson when my 1971 Bathurst was knocked off many
moons ago.
However in the spirit of preserving these cars I would probably agree to placing details of mine on a national XU-1 register if somebody decided to establish one.
Naturally owner's identity and location would have to be annonymous and it would have to be administered by a trusted and reputable entity / car club ?.

I raised this issue with Millisa ( HG350) a long time ago and was informed that most XU-1 owners were opposed to such an idea - I wonder if that view is still accurate now that the LC/LJ Vin disc has been widely disseminated and any shonk obviously has access to the Vin & engine numbers to rebirth a fake. Perhaps the chassis / ADR number is the last line of defence if you have the original build documentation to prove originality.

On reflection - to hell with a register. :fool:

Cheers JR.

#111 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:44 AM

I wonder if the Gladiators of ROME cherrised there Chariots as we do these cars? You might see relics in a museum but they definetly arnt preserved like we would like the musclecars of today.

Eventualy everything will fade and only relics reside..

Man can only do its best so if some apose the preservation there will always be other who condone it.

John

#112 _Fanxu1_

_Fanxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Yep I got one 72 Bathurst Special ( maybe )....LOL :tease:

#113 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:51 PM

it may off still had the XU stencil on the side that excited him

Im confused by this statement??

did they all have XU stamped on the side?? or was it a special thing?

only reason i ask is when i was cleaning up the old mans box it had that on the side and i wondered where the 1 had gone! ha.

stayed away from this topic to beign with cus thought it wouldnt be that interesting. boy was i wrong. :tease:

#114 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

G'day orangeLJ, when i cleaned up my gearbox,I found the yellow xu on top of the box,I repainted it and and repainted the xu letters in yellow,I think why they put those letters on it so it would not get mixed up on the production line at holden,cheers.

#115 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

My 73 Bathurst also has the letters XU stencilled across the box....I left it as it is.

PS..I also wondered what happened to the 1.

scooter

#116 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

have a look on your cars HOLDEN PRODUCTION BROADCAST sheet.

#117 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Parts of this thread have been an interesting read and others were a pissing contest.
The more threads I see on XU1's, A9X's and L34's the more I think I'd rather not own one if I have to carry on like some do.

#118 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

Parts of this thread have been an interesting read and others were a pissing contest.
The more threads I see on XU1's, A9X's and L34's the more I think I'd rather not own one if I have to carry on like some do.

Or just build a mock-up like me.
All the head spins with less drama :spoton:

#119 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

I agree with hatchman. This thread has turned into a pissing contest. Who gives a shit whos got a bathurst and is a 72 a real bathurst and a 73 is worth more than a 71. Gees guys, we all own different cars and like i have said before. I own a 71 bathurst LC, "at least i think its a bathurst"and i will build it and do what i want with it and when i decide to sell it i will advertise it as a Bathurst LC.I dont really know why im even responding to this thread, its a waist of time :fool:

#120 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

are production sheets readily available ?

#121 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

No VERY RARE

#122 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

pipjones.... think your missing the point of my comments... I would just like to know for sure what I own, I couldnt give a shit which one is better, just want to know if mine is a bathurst or not....nothing else.... surprises me though that you couldnt care considering the difference in value it would make to your car... and if not for resale value, but for insurance value which is pretty bloody important in this day and age.....

edit... whats the production sheet ?

Edited by skapinad, 05 July 2007 - 09:45 PM.

#123 _barodaxu1_

_barodaxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

edit... whats the production sheet ?

The production broadcast sheet lists all the numbers of your car and its options, build date and sale date etc. They were only available when your vehicle was new off the sale room floor as far as I know. I have only seen a couple other than my own. There is a copy of one in Fiv's book if you have it.
Regards
Baroda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users