Photo

Toranafest 2009

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#26 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

As for the competitions, Who says that you blokes have to run them? HVTC has alot of members? get them involved in other aspects.

Chris
Yes we have 60 odd members, of which 40 odd turned up. Out of that number there would have been about 30 odd that really put in a 120% effort on the day, as well as a whole bunch on wifes, GF's, etc that helped out.

I try to balance the jobs around so that the workload is shared, and so members can still enjoy some of the day. If I didn't, I would probably lose members. I can tell you that the likes of Garry, Pete, myself and a whole lot of others, did not get a chance to have a good look around at the cars. I was lucky enough to take Bruce Nowacki around in the cart, otherwise I doubt if I would have seen the cars.

To add more "parts" to Toranafest, the Club needs to look at what we have and what we want to add. It a balancing act and all we can do is come up with the best solution..

Anyway Chris, why don't you join the club and then you can run some of the events?? :spoton:

cheers
Mick

#27 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

haha, im stressed out enough lately without adding to it club meetings and runs! thanks for the offer though!

I see your point though Mick.

#28 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Challege to myself ...get Hatch finished and drive to torana fest in 2009, myself and "evilsim"
are really keen....(pick you up on the way Bomber)if your keen.
19/20 Sept is this locked in? ill book annual leave and start saving...
Baz

#29 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Matt
I drove my SS ute up from Melbourne, and used about 4.5 tanks of fuel. (roughly $400ish

Love to know how much petrol WILDLC went thru
Chris?

I am ready are you Barry lol?

#30 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

if its race car theme, I know 2 definate starters, 1 x Moffat hatch, 1 x Brock/Brock Patterson hatch.

#31 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

Chris?

shit loads...here's an estimate from the co-driver!

trip was approximately 1020 klms (probably more), the car doesnt get 200 klms per tank, and Chris tested the fuel tank capacity a couple of times...had to use the jerry can!

the answer is lots.

#32 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

My plan for 2009 is to have the Grice Craven Mild replica finished which will be taken up on the back of the 1975 International table top truck which I am converting into a slant back transporter just like the old Moffatt transporter.

Ruts

#33 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (LC69GTR @ Nov 24 2008, 10:27 AM)
Chris?

I think roughly $650-700 worth of fuel for the trip with a couple of gerry cans aswell, but in my opinion definately worth every cent and I will be doing it again next year.

Chris.

#34 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:28 AM

i loved my 1st torana fest this year.was much better than i expected.i will be there next year,with the hatch :),and im currently looking for a house at newcastle,so not far to travel :).1 sugestion that has been mentioned above "sausage sizzle".no event is complete without 1,and it would be a good way to raise money for the hvtc.i liked the start your engines,sure made a bit of noise :).

#35 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

should bring the next one forward to take advantage of the low petrol prices! hahahaha.

#36 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:53 PM

A quarterly event? I'm sure it would work... all for charity!

#37 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

yeah..... all for charity! hahaha.

Im just itching to get back behind the wheel of the torry! havent driven it in months, and it neveer got to leave the shed wearing its new plates! speeeewing!

Its just sitting using rego time!

#38 _torana_umunga74_

_torana_umunga74_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

hey there i live in newie and got to see the fest last year though my torry was too embarrassed to be compared with the likes of some of those machines! i havent got around to joining the hunter club yet but its on the list. id be happy to offer any help i can for this year.
cheers
nic

#39 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

Hi All

I thought that I would give you all a little update on what's being planned for Toranafest this year. :spoton:

As you can see by my signature below, the theme for this years Toranafest is to Celebrate Toranas in Motorsport.

This year is significant in a variety of ways.

It's the 30th Aniversary of Toranas last domination at Bathurst,
It's also the 30th Anniversary of Bob Morris' 1979 ATCC win :clap: , and
It's the 40th Anniversary for HDT.

So what does all this mean??

We will be trying to bring together the largest assortment of Race/ Race Replica/ Rally Toranas ever assembled!!

These cars will take "pride of place" at Toranafest this year in a fitting tribute to Toranas racing history. (I can't wait to hear these cars during the lunchtime rev up!!)

We will also be trying to bring to Toranafest some of the Drivers, Mechanics, etc that had so much influence over the Torana.

This year's motif for Toranafest highlights Toranas racing history, and this will be part of a new range of Toranafest merchandise.

Posted Image

There are a number of other cool things that we will be organising and we will keep you all informed.

Toranafest 2008 was a great year, we are hoping that Toranafest 2009 is even better!!

So if you have a race car/ race replica/ Rally Torana it would be great to see you there, at Toranafest. If you have a race car, and would like more info, please PM me.

as we get more information I will post it up here.

cheers
Mick

#40 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

The new motif looks good Mick.

#41 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

If you want a Rotary Club to run a sausage sizzle let me know, my wife is in the Belmont club, they regularly do one at Bunnings Belmont.

James

#42 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested or all possible by today's standards.

I went to a car show yonks ago and they had a few old cars in a fenced off area. Yo payed $1 per minute and you were given a sledge hammer and safety glasses.

You can guess the rest. People were lining for ages. I had about 5 turns until I couldn't swing a hammer anymore.

Would be a great fun raiser for charity.

#43 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested or all possible by today's standards.

I went to a car show yonks ago and they had a few old cars in a fenced off area. Yo payed $1 per minute and you were given a sledge hammer and safety glasses.

You can guess the rest. People were lining for ages. I had about 5 turns until I couldn't swing a hammer anymore.

Would be a great fun raiser for charity.

I can see the stress relief side of thing :)
I am not sure I would to see it put to practice at the car shows I attend though, might give people the wrong idea and only attract yobo's. Must say though that my views are somewhat conservative these days, its an age thing :)
I reckon insurance on such an activity might be kinda high too.

Cheers
Herne

#44 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

If you want a Rotary Club to run a sausage sizzle let me know, my wife is in the Belmont club, they regularly do one at Bunnings Belmont.

James

James, its a Toranafest, not a Mazdafest. Oh and Toranas never had a Belmont range, its bigger brother did though. I think you are a bit confused :tease:

I will be cracking the whip to get a good QTCC presence down there this year. Heck, I might even manage to get off my skinny arse and make it myself !!

#45 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

I wouldnt mind getting some stubby holders done up with the new motif - who do I ask if I can use the artwork ?

#46 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

LC69GTR

I am ready are you Barry lol?

Unfortunately my finance won't stretch that far for a Torana Tour of Tasmania and Toranafest :cry:

Tassie wins out this year but surely Toranafest 2010 looks good :spoton:

AND I didn't call you shirley :tease:

Regards ............... Barry

#47 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

LC69GTR

Unfortunately my finance won't stretch that far for a Torana Tour of Tasmania and Toranafest :cry:

Tassie wins out this year but surely Toranafest 2010 looks good :spoton:

AND I didn't call you shirley :tease:

Regards ............... Barry

Same goes for me unfortunately, as much as I enjoyed T/fest last year I cant see my finances running to attending Tassie and T/fest.

This year Tassie wins hands down as I probably won't be doing it again.
Always next year for T/fest though.

Cheers
Herne

#48 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

I wouldnt mind getting some stubby holders done up with the new motif - who do I ask if I can use the artwork ?

Pallbag

the motif will be used by the club for it's new range of Toranafest Merchandise this year.

These will include stubble coolers, and caps, just to name a few.. :spoton:

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 06 March 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#49 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

I want my Coupe running for Toranafest 09... but it won't happen. :cry: Might have to come up as a passenger this time.

Steve

#50 _lone oranger_

_lone oranger_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

Hi Big T,

You are the one confused a Rotary Club is just like a Loins Club a service club and they do alot of good work in the community. Belmont is a suburb of Newcastle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users