Photo

Toranafest 2009

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#76 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

Now when owning a Torana everyday is an exciting day.

cherrs Keith

#77 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Especially when you catch up with fellow owners on their trips to liverpool eh Keith.

#78 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'm very excited now that I have just got a cash injection for the Torry! Hopefully can arrange to do things in time :-)

#79 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Can't wait for this years event, had a great time last year. I won't be crashing the Torana the day before leaving this year, the Torana will be coming!

#80 _72eljay_

_72eljay_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

G'day

I'm keen to put my car in but does it have to be in for both days? because i may or may not have a christening to go to on the Sunday

Cheers - Andrew

#81 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

its only on the sunday. the saturday is for the people coming from all over australia we have a bit of a drink at the motel.

#82 _72eljay_

_72eljay_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Ah i see

Well hopefully they have the Christening on another weekend then

#83 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

great news for all the people staying on the saturday and sunday nights. one of our sponsors is covering the security costs for everyone.

#84 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

great news for all the people staying on the saturday and sunday nights. one of our sponsors is covering the security costs for everyone.

This is good news for the people coming to Toranafest. Having peace of mind that security is patrolling the motel grounds on the Saturday and Sunday evenings is sure to attract more interstate entrants.

I would strongly suggest that if you are thinking of coming to Toranafest, and wish to stay at the motel, PM Graham and book in sooner, rather than later.

regards
Mick

#85 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

Redslur and I are booked for accommodation and entry forms sent off. Any idea of the colour of the T shirts this year Mick.
I want to try to coordinate my wardrobe :spoton:

#86 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Mum said maybe............. HOPEFULLY! LOL

#87 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

Redslur and I are booked for accommodation and entry forms sent off. Any idea of the colour of the T shirts this year Mick.
I want to try to coordinate my wardrobe :spoton:

Hi Craig

I can't say yet what the colour will be... I will let people know when we get closer to the day.

cheers
Mick

#88 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

G'day Everyone,
Pm'd Graham (LX5008) for accom details & will be booking them when he gets back to me. I'll be staying the sat & sun night. Thing is though as I don't have the Torrie anymore thought I'd cruise up anyway but bring the Sandman PV instead as I had a great time with you blokes last year. Just means I have to park her in the car park on the day as there's no way I'll be leaving her in the motel carpark.
Would have slept in the back & saved money on accom but the missus isn't to keen on that (which is fair enough I guess). Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Glenn.

#89 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

G'day Everyone,
Pm'd Graham (LX5008) for accom details & will be booking them when he gets back to me. I'll be staying the sat & sun night. Thing is though as I don't have the Torrie anymore thought I'd cruise up anyway but bring the Sandman PV instead as I had a great time with you blokes last year. Just means I have to park her in the car park on the day as there's no way I'll be leaving her in the motel carpark.
Would have slept in the back & saved money on accom but the missus isn't to keen on that (which is fair enough I guess). Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Glenn.

Hey Glenn

it's a pity that thet Tail Tents won't be ready by then. I could have "used" your PV as a model.. lol.

cheers
Mick

#90 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Yeah no worries Mick. Can't be helped. How long till you'll have them, as I'll definately buy one if I can't source an original? Happy to use my car as a model if needed further down the track.

Cheers, Glenn.

#91 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Yeah no worries Mick. Can't be helped. How long till you'll have them, as I'll definately buy one if I can't source an original? Happy to use my car as a model if needed further down the track.

Cheers, Glenn.

Hi Glenn

The original one goes across in the next couple of weeks as the Hatch Hutches are finally on there way over. I expect they will be done and dusted within 6 months as the materials,etc are the same as the hatch hutch.

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 03 July 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#92 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Hi Glenn

The original one goes across in the next couple of weeks as the Hatch Hutches are finally on there way over. I expect they will be done and dusted within 6 months as the materials,etc are the same as the hatch hutch.

cheers
Mick

No worries Mick. Looks like a good chance I should be getting one. Do you have one I could look at & what do you reckon they'll be worth.

Glenn.

#93 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi All

Just a quick update of what is happening..

Entries
Enries are coming through pretty quick now and that's great! If you need an entry form go to the website. www.toranafest.com.au

Accomodation
For those people coming from interstate and wish to take advantage of the accomodation that we have organised, there is only about 20 rooms left for the Toranafest weekend!! :clap:

That means there is about 60 rooms already full of Torana nuts!! :spoton:

I have also found out that the motel now has a liquor license. No doubt that will pelase some. :rockon:

If you are interested in the accomodation PM Graham (LX5008) for details.

T Shirts
For those enquiring about the T Shirts... they will be basically black.. :spoton: Everyone seemed to like that in 2007.

that's about it at the moment

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 10 July 2009 - 07:54 AM.

#94 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hooray for black shirts!

#95 _72eljay_

_72eljay_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Sent my entry form off today.....Cant wait :rockon:

#96 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

My decision was helped along today by Jeremy and his g/f, they both want to travel up in my car.

Keith is making our bookings.

My entry form and money order will be posted off tomorrow. :)

Cheers
Herne

#97 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

My decision was helped along today by Jeremy and his g/f, they both want to travel up in my car.

Keith is making our bookings.

My entry form and money order will be posted off tomorrow. :)

Cheers
Herne

Look forward to seeing you again Herne!!

I am a bit worried that Yourself and "Big Barry!!" are headed to Newcastle once again...

Should be a great weekend!!

For all those coming early (on the Firday), we have arranged security for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. There is no extra charge to those staying at the motel as the security company is doing it as part of their sponsorship :spoton:

cheers
Mick

#98 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

ill have my xu1 there,entry form allready sent ,2 years in the building process but will be only 80% finished for the torana fest. need to know off really good chroming place to do my bars but they need to be repaired

#99 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Look forward to seeing you again Herne!!

I am a bit worried that Yourself and "Big Barry!!" are headed to Newcastle once again...

Should be a great weekend!!

For all those coming early (on the Firday), we have arranged security for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. There is no extra charge to those staying at the motel as the security company is doing it as part of their sponsorship :spoton:

cheers
Mick

Thanks Mick :)

Ahh thats good to know re security on the Friday night as we will be arriving on the Friday arvo.

Your trophies are safe with me being there as you have no category for Street Machines as such and thats ok. The stock factory Torana just dont do it for me :) Of course I have put my car in for judging though ;) Your judges need to have a selection to choose from.

but BIG Barry is another question lol he will be there looking to scalp what trophies he can and good on him too for doing so, he puts a lot into his collection :)
Is there any chance that Bev will be gracing us with her presence again this year mate?

Cheers
Alan

#100 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

theres around 8 of us from bris and the coast arriving friday as well