Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

^ or he was just having a lend of you.....

#52 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Shouldnt that be a Lions Pride and I would have thought they were a tad further west at Dubbo doing gazelle sizzles !!

#53 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Come on Herne you have to live up to the name: Best Street Car (Summernats 2009),
so Toranafest would be a drop in the ocean "so to speak"

cheers keith

#54 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

Come on Herne you have to live up to the name: Best Street Car (Summernats 2009),
so Toranafest would be a drop in the ocean "so to speak"

cheers keith

Whats that I hear Keith, you offering to sponsor my motel and fuel acct??? Lovely mate put the cheque in the mail and I will see you there lol
And I got runner up - not best....
Besides this years Toranafest will have the emphasis on race cars and mine at best will have only done a couple of hillclimbs lol

I wish I could attend Toranafest with the Dream but its looking mission impossible from a financial point of view mate :(

Cheers
Herne

#55 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

hi all, any person or car club that are coming to toranafest and want accommodation with security please pm me. with a phone number and i will ring you.

cheers graham

#56 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

billywest here on track to make toranafest 2009 car still at panelbeaters but i have most of my bits and pieces to finish Carol (lc 4 door)off

#57 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

I can vouch for the security that we had last year, the cost was miniscule even though some avoided paying it.
The guard was attentive, cheerful and more importantly ON THE JOB.

Cheers
Herne

#58 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Im going to be the security for myself and evilsim, me sleepin in the hatch with my mate 12 guage,
string tied to toe and onto evilsims bumper.
Baz

#59 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

Im going to be the security for myself and evilsim, me sleepin in the hatch with my mate 12 guage,
Baz

LOL some do it rough, others do it in style ;)

As for me I didnt mind $10.00 per night to know my Dream was being looked after.
I am a creature of comfort :P

Herne

#60 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

Baz

so where are you staying then. its a all in or not at all security thing. to be fair to others

#61 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

so where are you staying then. its a all in or not at all security thing. to be fair to others

I think the idea you came up with after last years effort was the best, ie make it part of the package, that way there are no miserable tightarses avoiding the $10.00/night

Herne

#62 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

^Agree, it was worth the peace of mind and, if the same deal is happening this year, I will be staying at the same motel on the Saturday night.

#63 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

What's $10 to know your pride and joy is safe?

I'm tempted as well and I live in Newcastle. :P

#64 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Let me (or evilsim)know when where and is it a tent city or swags (is it cold then )etc, and if i finish my hatch and evils missus let him go well be there,hehe
and for 10bux a night ill leave 12 guage home,
cheers Baz

#65 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I should have red it better its a motel
whats the phone number, so when it get closer well book OK
Baz

#66 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hey people ... those leaving from Brisbane and surrounding areas, can you tell me what day you leave for the Fest ??? As I am trying to work out when to escape from central Qld and meet up with your convoy.

Finishing work after a nightshift on tuesday night ... will be sleepy on wednesday (16th).

#67 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

we will be leaving the Gold Coast on the Friday morning

#68 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

Kev thats great ... thought we might have to leave on the wed but we should get down your way by thurs night ready to leave with you on the fri. How many cars going from bris + goldy ??? Should be some others from further north to ... let us know if anyone thinking of joining us.

Simmo

#69 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

Hello all

well, with a little under 4 months to go, The behind the scenes organising for Toranafest have been in full swing.

As I have said before, this years focus is on our Torana's racing heritage!! As such we are asking one and all, if you have a race car or Race replica we want to see you there. So far we have around 10 cars and we hope to have at least 20 on the day!!

This years guests, so far, include:

Harry Firth,
Colin Bond,
Des West,
The Nowacki Bros!!, and
Jim Hunter
just to name a few.

We are waiting to hear from others to confirm their attendance. It is shaping up to be a great day for everyone.

Entry forms will be available soon and past entrants will have theirs mailed to them, as well as to all the Torana Clubs.

For all the interstate entrants, pls speak to LX5008 (Graham) ref accommodation. He has stiched together a great deal for you and by all accounts from last year, everybody that stayed there, had a blast!!

As for Trophies, we have the following categories;
Best at Show - HB, Best at Show - LC, Best at Show - LJ, Best at Show - TA, Best at Show - LH, Best at Show - LX, Best at Show - UC (All Sponsors Choice), Best Individual Display, Best Club Display, Best Competition - HB, LC, LJ, TA, Best Competition - LH, LX, UC, Furthest Distance Travelled, and Encouragement Award.
As well as that, every entrant that pre-enters will recieve an entrants trophy!!

The usual traders and food stalls will be there to add to the atmosphere that is Toranafest.

That's about all I can say at this stage..

Just a reminder, if you have a race car/ race replica and you are coming to Toranafest, please PM me.

As more info comes to hand I will pass it on..

cheers
Mick

#70 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Its approx 1700km from here(Emerald) to Newcastle,
down the coast, anyone traveling further than that?
cheers Baz

#71 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

depends how many times I ride each round about on the way there Barman!

I think I can stretch the 90km drive out to beat you! haha.

Mick, Ive talked to Max and Grahame, they are both keen to pop up for a look, however neither are commited at this stage.

We may have the race torana there, do you want any racecars (will be caged, side piped stripped interior, flared, wde wheels etc, but with a single colour street car paint scheme, maybe a number on the door) or only full on war painted cars?

#72 _T0rana_

_T0rana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

im in and would like details on the Brisbane ppl going ill cruise down with you guys hopefully the UC has new paint by then :)

#73 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Mick, Ive talked to Max and Grahame, they are both keen to pop up for a look, however neither are commited at this stage.

We may have the race torana there, do you want any racecars (will be caged, side piped stripped interior, flared, wde wheels etc, but with a single colour street car paint scheme, maybe a number on the door) or only full on war painted cars?

Chris

would love to have Max and Graham there. if you can PM me, we can discuss a few things.

With regards to the race car, definately!! I invite all Race Toranas, what ever they are..

cheers
Mick

#74 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

hi all, any person or car club that are coming to toranafest and want accommodation with security please pm me. with a phone number and i will ring you.

cheers graham

i have a price list now. just pm me and i will send it to you

cheers graham

#75 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Is it too early to be excited? :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic