• Guests

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

looks like it may be a bearing race
sandpaper and apple cider vinegar will do the trick

#602 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

son of a bish i literaly had a spot prob the size of my thumb left to paint......annnnnnd i ran out.

Ill prob wack it all together tomorrow whilst it is half in my mind of how it went and then do another coat when its all together. Ive one 1 and a half coats with the black now so just needs a small touch up coat.

#603 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

DSC_2556_zpsc2dc459c.jpg

so first attempt i thought i had to hold it in there like sooo

But i had the 2 plastic things the wrong way round so when i turned it to lock it all together it didn't lock it all together.

So after a while i figured it all out.

As you can see i greased it. which also then make the grease go everywhere lol

DSC_2557_zps88e80ba7.jpg

DSC_2558_zps807f3c27.jpg

The finished product!

DSC_2560_zps32f2b00b.jpg

bit of crap got in the shaft

DSC_2562_zpsff5c4947.jpg

plastic collar goes here

DSC_2564_zps2691ab02.jpg

rubber thingy goes here

DSC_2565_zps156bebcb.jpg

appart from the grease it looks ok. I didn't put the top thing back on cause i still need to buy that new plastic cover thing cause the old ones broke.

DSC_2567_zpseb8c9ecd.jpg

cant remember if i got this the right way up. Its only 4  bolts so if its wrong i cant change it......might take the bolts out and clean them though

#604 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

so not working cause.....getting wet from rain will kill you 

And sheds the biggest mess since.....a big mess so i did some cleaning of door bits. I remember one of the doors was a bit funny so i thought i would try find out why aswell.

DSC_2568_zpsaaa56aff.jpg

DSC_2570_zps54deadeb.jpg

DSC_2572_zps3a82d611.jpg

DSC_2573_zps9bdeb201.jpg

DSC_2575_zps992f6bd6.jpg

DSC_2576_zpsf4cb18ca.jpg

DSC_2577_zpsd40fb343.jpg

So found thee problemo the spring is broken, i got no idea if you can just buy the spring but i doubt it cause it was a huge pain and near impossible to get out so.....yea

DSC_2578_zps84551315.jpg

#605 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

2 colours now (not that paint is happening any time soon)

https://fbcdn-sphoto...968732060_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...978965936_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...531025462_n.jpg

"fusion from the r8 commodores"

annnd that nightfire red pearl metallic i liked.

2 expensive paint jobs no doubt

Edited by Hamster, 20 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#606 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

tiger mica is soooo 2003....

#607 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

This one?

m9njf9.png

1399404_1446054732288720_978965936_o.jpg

I do like that bronzey one.

Its not quite the same as Tiger Mica, it is more vibrant.

#608 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yea, saw it on gmh facebook page.
Owner made a thread on here now i see too!

But yea unfortunatly colour is a while away but its good cause i get time to decide.

But im assuming either colour with the wrong wheels would look like crap

#609 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

That colour looks sick with the convos. Can't go wrong!!

#610 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Soo went.....sydney way somewhere and bought one of these

https://fbcdn-sphoto...993608450_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...381865435_n.jpg

(dad bought it not me)

Droped in at tsr smash tahmoor on the way back, starting price for them on a resto is 15k (they have a facebook site if anyones interested with there work).

https://fbcdn-sphoto...411345743_n.jpg

and measured that all up to try and fit in my room.

Soooooooooooooo

15k seems to be the average out of about.....10ish smash repairers so maybe im just picky or something. I still want to attempt some myself even if i fail. Atleast if i get all the rust cut out thats less work for them. Ill prob do the floor myself cause i dont care if thats a bit ugly, if someone wants to look under my car and get picky about a small warp or tiny dent in the floor they can get #@$^%& as far as im concerned. Ill prob let them paint it, no point me painting it and welding/grinding sparks wreck it and we have to do it again!

But yea thats the story. Dad can half sorta kinda not really move his arm still, he did a small coat of paint on the kitchen doors so they should be going in soon i would think annnd the whole house is getting re wired soon apparently which is why i wanna sort out were this music things going so i can get power to it easily. (wiring in the house is from the 60s or some crap and the fuse box is in the garage which you cant have anymore)

i got 16k ish boss said he owes me 3kish (mmmm) and prob only get 3kish from uncles money SO the plan may be to tackle it myself slowly buy myself a 4wd and be one of those guys who have it sit in there shed for years OR pay someone to do it and have no money left over for anything for a while. Ill see how we go.

Edited by Hamster, 23 November 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#611 ant285

ant285

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name:ant
  • Car:lj

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

if i were u hamster id buy th 4 wd and slowly do the torry in your own time. unless you have a reason it has to be done asap

#612 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Yea that is my overall plan.
Then like i need a job there is no question about that cause 3 days a week (sometimes less/more) is not good enough. So i either need to seriously get fit again and join the army before im to old (i'd like to have a good 10 years in the infrantry or so) OR go photography way or something similar. 

I know some people think its easy but to do all that im gonna have to move house, get a rental home, get a new car etc etc etc it isn't as easy as some people make it out to be lol by the time i get the car i have f all to pay rent and everything else.

But ill get it all sorted and hopefully begining of next year ill get a move on.

And getting a car. I don't want anything before 2007 really. I got enough to scrape in once i get all my money together and the newer the better and the longer it will last me. Cause im asuming ill be doing a fair bit of highway driving too depending on the leap i take.

THE JOYS OF BEING YOUNG IN THE MODERN WORLD!

In saying all that i dont want the car to sit around forever either.

There is one guy in robertson somewhere who is more a hobbie restorer. Gotta catch up with him at some stage

Edited by Hamster, 23 November 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#613 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

we have all been young once, patience is not something you are born with, it takes awhile to get there. Focus on the bigger picture and keep the present picture as a hobby.

good luck with the car , good to see you chipping away at the car, that's all it takes, just keep chipping away.

G

#614 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

If I had my time again and hadn't put 8 years into my current line of work, I'd be in the army in a heartbeat.

#615 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Why?

That is a serious question, I don't see the attraction.

#616 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Same as some like being a plumber.

Mind you the pay is pretty crap (army pay) your average tradie (IE: electrician, plumber handyman) are prob earning more than most jobs in the army.

But i (well used to be until past year or so) am a very active person and not one to sit around behind a desk (nothing against those who do) And i like the outdoors. You can join the army and be a cook and not do much at all so there are ways to not be in the line of fire so to speak. I just feel i would enjoy it with my interests and im better off doing it now and giving it a go instead of regreting it, these days they have a trail year and if you hate it you can leave before i think you were stuck there for 5 years min im not sure.

Ill have to look into it all hard over xmas again, i did before but i've forgotten it all. I think last time i looked was the day after a big open day at one of the bases so ill see if i can find one of those open days in the near future.

I was also toying with the idea of being a mechanic or a plumber or something, they pay for me to learn and they train me in other areas so i get a trade when im out of the army to fall back on as well.

#617 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Fair enough mate, it is another way to get a trade, and get fit, but its not for everyone.

#618 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Doesnt have to be shit pay. Why not try getting into duntroon. 

#619 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car:LC Torana & 1975 South African Mini

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hi Hayden..

Good on you for stcking with it mate... as you have found out, it all takes time and money... for most of us, the two never meet... lots of time with no money or the other way...

I am ex defence and I think the defence force is a great place to start mate... which ever one, let them pay for your qualifications and move on if it not for you... For me, it was the best time for me and I gained lots of qualifications, skills and travelled around on them. You are young so plenty of time to make the big bucks mate.... Its not for everyone but have a look at it..

Cheers

#620 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks ribz.

Stupid kitchen still isnt finished dasfasdoifjiadasfasdfdasfasdf

As far as i know electricians are comming next week and i still dunno were the music things going so extension cord under the new carpet seems to be a good idea.

Or find a really cheap house in the middle of no were o_O

the guy in robertson apparently did a fj ute up for 10k and (the guy who recomended him told me this(aka current boss)) it was very very rusty. So ill look at him soon. The guy who told me is looking to do up an ej ute too so he is on the hunt for a panel beater aswel.

#621 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Figured i would update before it gets to page 10.

Kitchen doors are going on today, they #@$^%& up with 2 doors so have to wait for those, so hopefully wont be to long until i can get the car home.

#622 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Is the car going in the kitchen ?

#623 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

naw, would be a good idea though.
Kitchen reno stuffs in the garage so there is no room for it atm.

#624 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

soooo, looked in the garage and mum needed a new seat/bench and there was wood in the way of my car so made this

https://fbcdn-sphoto...118611102_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...107159559_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...669401190_n.jpg

Old terrible timber but anyways.

I got a 50 dolla supercrap voucher so im thinking buy the body filler from there? Unless its absolute shithouse? but there is a few types they sell and i dunno which one if someone could help out there. Or if someones got another suggestion for something i might need. Currently browsing there internet store thing for ideas.

Welder got used yesturday dad had to mend something for a friend so it works again.

Garage is still a mess but each day we're getting closer.

#625 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

thats where i got some of my Bog, the stuff in the yellow tin, goes on well :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users