Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Interesting points.

Would love to know which 2 of the 15 renewables he is talking about.

Would actually like to know the 15 renewables.

And the doc is speaking about something that is not in his area of expertise.

If power can be produced at 1/3 of the cost of coal, how come companies arent jumping on it with their own money, and not relying on govt subsidies?

That sounds like it would be a great business opportunity.

But then reality hits.

Maintenance of wind turbines is something that hasnt been covered very much.

Molten Salt Solar Storage has actually produced power for 24 hours.

But that would be like the first 747 to run London to Sydney non stop.

Planned down to the nth detail with favourable conditions and not running to full capacity.

The technology is coming along. He said 10 years but realistically 20 would be a good target.

But in the meantime what problems will they find?

#127 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

why cant we just have rats running around a wheel to produce power. ;)

#128 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Lost me on page 4 wot.

They say CST can generate 24 hours a day.

That hasnt been achieved yet. Not for more than 1 24 hour period anyway.

It actually lost me earlier with reference to Climate Change.

But getting used to having to filter that crap out.

I read an earlier report which was very similar but went into more detail in some areas.

After reading it I came to one conclusion.

The people who prepared it were great at cutting and pasting stuff from American research.

Unfortunately there were parts of it that had no relevance to Australia.

Some of those are absent in that report.

why cant we just have rats running around a wheel to produce power. ;)

Someone would say cruelty to animals.

#129 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

They lost me on the cover page....$8 per household per week.....

Thats bullshit, Currently I spend a lot less than that on power, Why should i have to pay $8 per week to cover other people who consume far more energy? What about the planet destroyers with 5 kids 6 tv's 9 fridges and a 24 burner stove that tuns 25/8 because there to lazy to turn it off? Why should they only pay $8.....

I'll get around to reading it, because i said i would, but currently its not pleasing me with the instant misinformation. 

Cheers. 

#130 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

if its not the greens its someone else that has to sook. 

Someone would say cruelty to animals.

#131 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

I think a zombie in a hamster wheel connected to a generator would be the best bet for household power. 

Zombie_on_a_Hampster_Wheel_by_CinsAngel.

Problem is the greens will probably scream cruelty to zombies.....

#132 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

Ice addicts as a replacement for zombies?

They seem to have the energy.

Put em to a better use.

#133 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

She be right...plenty left underground for a good fire to stay warm......

aaaaaarghhh,such is life.. ) just not good good being....are you gonna hold the candle,or are you gonna hold the gun...in a dinghy got no  paddle on a turning tide......aaaargggh..such is life  :)

and there ain't no no use in wakin when your dreamins done...quote/ unquote from copyright authors of text.:)

aaaaaargh..such is life :)

#134 _76lxJAS_

_76lxJAS_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

haha yes finally a good use for ice addicts,

there close enough to zombies and just a waste of life anyways.

#135 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

I grew up under the shadows of Pasminco zinc smelter at Boolaroo, and just behind that was Green leaf fertilizer, they used to draw their water from Cockle Creek for cooling, and pump it back into the creek, which in turn fed into Lake Macquarie.  and we all used to joke that it wasn't Pasminco & Green Leaf that was poluting the creek, it was all them dead fish......  

as humans,  we need some things, and others not so much...  we need clean air, or we are sick, or we die, we need clean water, or we are sick or we die, we need clean soil, or we get sick or we die....   what ever else we need or use, should not come at the expense of any of these human necessities....  IMHO :)

Cigarette Companies lied about health problems for profits, Asbestos Mining Companies lied about health problems for profits, Gas Mining Companies  have also proven to have lied about health problems for profits.....

I hope the Gas Mining companies in Qld aren't lying to us....  But they do "SELF REGULATE"  .....   Imagine if we as drivers, were able to "SELF REGULATE" our speeding offences, and it was left up to ourselves to alert the Police of our discretions .....    Trusting soles some of you blokes, I hope for our sake your right, because blind faith will make little difference if they lied...................    Dr Karl may be lying, but I can't imagine why or what for..  But I can Imagine why a mining company would..... 

#136 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

Who the frOck suggested Dr Karl may be lying?

#137 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

Ian......"in a  dinghy with no paddle on a turning tide "... only means one thing ,(up shits creek in a barb wire canoe) ain't no turning back from whatever the CSG companies in conjunction with with $10000 lobster meals tell us?

Yous can work out who the the "red beady eyes" are one way or the other?

aaaaaarrrgh...such is life... :) she be right 

CSG must be a good thing...i just admire how the electricity tax has been reduced since the introduction of this "new clean" fuel has helped the environment and reduced the "carbon emissions" since the so called abolition of the "carbon tax" and given us cheap electricity?????? absolutely bloody marvelous...we pay more now for "clean power" now than we did when dirty old stinking coal was burnt back in the days of JBP.

such is life ehh??

Edited by EunUCh, 29 March 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#138 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

Who the frOck suggested Dr Karl may be lying?

Me, I said it in the frOcking post above your's............   as you can read, it is only a suggestion...       :nopity:  

#139 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

Surely "Dr.Carl" knows everything?...just ask him while while he is pissing against a wall slipping around in vomit scribbling sum formula on the mirror?

#140 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

Well that took along time to read all this and watch all the links posted. im not sure whos who but theres some real wankers on here with giant balls covering there eyes, or maybe just pure genius that can save the world. what I do know is BIG BROTHER bu11$hits us every day. the whole world is being raped and were living in a $hit pool. and yes as a human relying on fuels I too am a part of the destruction. the rich don't care about us.

Edited by gtr-xu1, 30 March 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#141 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

Could Dr Karl and Michael Caton just be putting forward personal views and perhaps increasing their popularity.

Was interesting that Dr Karl said it MAY cause damage to aquifers.

Another thing to look at would be the Insurance companies.

They employ experts in a given field to advise them of risks.

The companies doing the mining would of course have to have liability insurance.

Insurance companies hate paying out money, but love raking it in.

If they were looking at a catastrophe in the making, or even a remote chance, I doubt they would give cover.

It was insurance companies that led the push for Y2K compliance, even though those companies with systems at risk already knew they had troubles.

#142 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Rob, Try and have an open mind mate...  Use this,  or any Risk Assessment Tool you like...  and tell me that you don't come up with the same assessment as me..    Even using the median of  the Consequences & Likelyhood, you get a Medium Risk.....   I myself believe (and Rob, This is just "MY OPINION" of the possible risks) that the "Consequences" are quite possible of being  Major at least, and quite possibly Severe.  And the "Likelyhood" even at possible, puts us all at a Medium/ High/ or maybe a Critical risk from this activity...

Insurance companies don't foot the bill for ecological damage, just like James Hardies Insurance didn't, it was James Hardy that had to come up with the compensation money...  Same with BP oil spill off Canada..  BP paid for the damage...  Rob you don't believe the ABC, 60 Minutes, Four Corners, Dr Karl, David Suzuki, and the countless other voices of concern.  But you believe the Gas Mining Companies and maybe Insurance Companies support of the projects....  

Please, Please Put your source of Information up here,  that makes you believe this is a safe Industry to be operating over Australia's Great Artisian Basin....  but I know you wont, because you don't have anything to go on other than your very odviously biased opinion. 

Attached File  risk-matrix-powerpoint-template-by-stratpro-1-728.jpg   72.32K   1 downloads

#143 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

No different really Ian to most of your theories.

Most of the info you use to support your arguments is absolute rubbish.

But again that is my opinion.

As I have said many times, just because it is published on Youtube doesnt make it right.

And using the risk matrix with available information would make the risk at Low.

The likelihood is rare.

And so far no evidence to suggest consequences would be anything but minor.

Whereas farming with the available evidence ranks at high.

It has already caused a drop in available water so likelihood is almost certain.

And the consequences are so far minor.

#144 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Fare enough Rob, you are entitled to your opinion..  and the risk is what i'm talking about...  everyone else is able to use it too, and they can make their own opinions on the risk for themselves..

just a few more things of youtube...  maybe this is bull too...  

#145 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Just saying Rob, the overwhelming reality is that Industrial accidents happen, and from time to time they have posed a huge risk to human and animal life... Sometimes the effects are immediate, sometimes they take 20-30 years to become apparent....   for all the information that I can find, no one seems quite sure of what dangers could be released into the GAB, because know one knows what is just below the surface, let alone 1200 mtr's down..   nothing may ever happen, I really hope,  that this will be the case, but there is substantial support from the likes of Dr Karl (Who I doubt has any vested interests or agendas) to at least put a halt to drilling over the GAB until more is understood..  after all, what is the rush, it's still in the ground, it aint going anywhere...   like I've been trying to tell you, there are many more unknown issues that could arise,  from already toxic water that may already underground and trapped between layers of rock...   there are so many things that could go wrong..   they may not go wrong, but if they do, I hope you know of a way to eat & drink gas............  

Coordinates of the Industrial Environmental Disasters found on this page, shown in Google. Complete with the Wikipedia descriptions listed below built into each location.

And the whole link to show all Disasters if you like......  http://en.wikipedia....ental_disasters

#146 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Ian i do get your point.

The potential is there.

So is the potential of slipping in the shower and killing yourself.

Do you have non slip coating in your shower?

Do you stop riding a push bike or a motor bike because they are proven to be a dangerous form of transport?

Maybe they should pull back a bit from the GEB.

But where is its boundary? Have they found it yet?

Is there a real threat or is it just a guess?

The trouble with a lot of protest groups is that they do protest on issues of no relevance.

Such as.

Camden area NSW are trying to associate increased seismic activity with CSG.

But in the adjacent area which has been extensively longwall mined there is little seismic activity.

And it has been proven that the mining has already caused damage to the ground, the creeks and rivers and destroyed a few houses and pools.

http://www.stopcsgma...-The-Wells.html

#147 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Quote :"So is the potential of slipping in the shower and killing yourself.

Do you have non slip coating in your shower?

Do you stop riding a push bike or a motor bike because they are proven to be a dangerous form of transport?"

Yep Rob, those things are just as risky, but they are risks that should hopefully only effect me, where on the other hand,  the risk to killing the GAB effects everyone...  And there lies the difference............  

Edited by ChaosWeaver, 30 March 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#148 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Only one way to find out Ian.

As they seem to be already drilling in the basin, I would hope that those with an interest would be monitoring the situation already.

If they arent, then that would be poor form.

#149 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

A few interisting comments from this fella?

http://www.awu.net.a...l-gas-resources

#150 FLY_LX

FLY_LX

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Car:LX sedan

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

dirty harry says it best

Harry Callahan: "Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one."

and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. :stirpot: