insurance value

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#26 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:11 AM

Is it OK to ask what the Premiums are ..  cheers mate ..  :)

They don't separate the premiums on the two cars. The 911 has $100K on it, the XU1 $80K, both on club rego, $70/month.

#27 _LS2 Hatch_

_LS2 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

When I insured my Hatch when finished the guy questioned my figure. Wanted to know why I only wanted my figure and not at least $10-$15k more. This was site unseen.
I explained that I wante no dramas if it went missing, and that I thought my chances of a total loss was quite low. Plus the more I insure for, the more I pay. And as I sid, hopefully for no refund!
The LC was an easy set up with no photos and no inspection, and well over the $25k mark. The previous owner did have it inspected, I don't know if that helped or not.

My dealings have been all god to date. My brother is with them also and has made a few claims, never an issue

#28 LC-GTR-1969

LC-GTR-1969

Shed tinkerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Car:Which one?
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

What blanket 25k limit?

Mines insured for a fair bit more than that with no inspection, there was a fair bit of backward and forward but it wasn't an overly difficult operation.

This is simply what I was told by the Shannons rep- just a few months ago...

He said 25k is the limit for LC/LJ without inspection- I didn't ask about pictures though. Seems like the OP has been given the same speel- perhaps it depends on who you speak to...

Also, its entirely possible that I was fed some nonsense- it wouldn't be the first time...

#29 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yeah first step is to find a rep you like.

Then email email email. Spend a few hours and compile a list of every nut, bolt, spring washer, hoseclamp, etc on the car. Send picks. Not one or two, twenty or thirty. Picks of in the car out the car under the car wheels off suspension shots etc.

Annoy the piss out of them and take up lots of there time untill you get the result you want :-)

#30 LC-GTR-1969

LC-GTR-1969

Shed tinkerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

With all these posts saying their LC/LJs are insured for more than 25k without inspection, makes me wonder whether they have mine listed as a 4 door? May explain why I was told about the blanket price without inspection- maybe this relates to 4 doors???? 

#31 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

Mine is a four door :-)

#32 LC-GTR-1969

LC-GTR-1969

Shed tinkerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Annoy the piss out of them and take up lots of there time untill you get the result you want :-)

Cheers mate- funny thing is, I would be happy with 30k insured, which is not exactly a whole heap more than what its currently insured for...

#33 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Yeah I started asking for 35 which I knew I would never get, talked them up to 30, then its gone up each year automatically think its around the 34 mark atm.

#34 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I ordered and bought a brand new $53,000 WRX Club Spec10, 2010 Subaru,

and received it in may 2010, and Allianz would only insure it for $35,000.

Just accepted that.

Attached Files

#35 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

Yeah I started asking for 35 which I knew I would never get, talked them up to 30, then its gone up each year automatically think its around the 34 mark atm.

Shannon's clearly have no idea of values.

#36 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

You clearly have no idea what it costs to build a car.

#37 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,597 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Edited by NA-PWR, 06 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#38 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

They don't separate the premiums on the two cars. The 911 has $100K on it, the XU1 $80K, both on club rego, $70/month.

Yeah they do. Just log online and have a look at your account. I can see each individual policy premium on our 4 cars.

#39 _SmartE_

_SmartE_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

I'm with Rhino insurance, I had the Torana hatch prior to the rebuild insured for $25000 (what I paid for it) and a Malloo ($42000 what I paid for it)

sight unseen.

Once the rebuild was 90% finished I wanted to up the value due to frequent travels on a back of a tilt tray, thats when the fun started.

I sent an email with all the work done and what I paid for parts and the reply was $ 35000 unseen and if I want anymore to get it valued with approved company and will honour the new value.

I used a reputable company that has only three letters in their name and also ships cars around Australia.

The rep turned up looking like she had slept in a dumpster for three nights and proceeded to fill in a checklist, the inspection went for about five minutes with only the body, interior and engine bay looked at with a few photos taken.

We had it on a hoist ready to check the driveline, but she didn't see interested but we made her take photos any way describing the very expensive parts and work done.

When she had finished, myself and shop owner let her know that the inspection seemed to be half arsed.

The reply was that she was only there to fill out the checklist and take photos to send to someone in an office to complete the appraisal.

So we rang the company involved to to explained our displeasure and were told that this was normal practice.

We weren't happy with the response and he said that we could send a detailed list of work done and what we paid for parts which would help with the process. (I thought the evaluation should of covered that???)

In the end it was value between $75000 to $80000, which Rhino's accepted $75K 

#40 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

Yeah they do. Just log online and have a look at your account. I can see each individual policy premium on our 4 cars.

Ah. I hadn't bothered doing that. I just went with the paper work they sent me and it has combined premiums. Not really fussed to be honest as neither car will be going anywhere soon.

#41 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

I have been with Shannon's for a while now have 3 cars with them told them how much i wanted to insure my cars for
they have never looked at my cars and was all done with no fuss
have had 3 claims with them as well
no problems at all

Shannon's clearly have no idea of values.

They haven't a clue seriously

#42 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

just rang lumnies, soon as drag racing or track racing was mentioned they didnt want to know me. they quoted 20k and was going to be 840 a year. when i mentioned shannons was cheaper and a higher agreed value they didnt seem to care. think i might start annoying shannons again to insure it higher, do what bomber suggested and annoy them, send them a million photoes. what dooes everyone say when they ask if you have had a quote with them before? because i want ot speak to a different rep form shannons.

Edited by brendan_h, 06 January 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#43 IMORAL

IMORAL

Bored

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LX SS HATCH - IMORAL
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

What it costs to build a car verse what its worth are quite often two different figures. 

#44 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

Nope basically have set value for cars then up it for the price of mods if you tell them or show receipts.

Think mine years ago during price boom was 25'ish then told them v8,mini-tubs,wheels etc it went to 35k...any higher needed pics.

Then said if want to insure for more like 50k being genuine gtr & modified would have be inspected.Wish I had taken it in back then but no engineers ticket lol.

Best way is find a good rep who knows about cars & wont go by what screen or google says.

Never bothered to find out value of roller now car is in pieces & needing rebuild.

#45 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

just rang lumnies, soon as drag racing or track racing was mentioned they didnt want to know me. they quoted 20k and was going to be 840 a year. when i mentioned shannons was cheaper and a higher agreed value they didnt seem to care. think i might start annoying shannons again to insure it higher, do what bomber suggested and annoy them, send them a million photoes. what dooes everyone say when they ask if you have had a quote with them before? because i want ot speak to a different rep form shannons.

Shannons offer layed up and limited use cover too so you have more options.

I can drive mine two days a month on average with no worries.

it doesn't seem like much but I would struggle to drive it every second weekend all through the year.

Too much other stuff to do unfortunately.

#46 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

I ordered and bought a brand new $53,000 WRX Club Spec10, 2010 Subaru,

and received it in may 2010, and Allianz would only insure it for $35,000.

Just accepted that.

Cos that's what it was worth after you drove it off the show room floor ! Lol

For the blue 4 door ? I take back what I said about old mates registered, engineered V8 4 door,

Should be near $100k !! :tease:

#47 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

maybe i should settle for 25k with shannon? once the interior is all done ask them to up it?

shannons wanted somthing like 2k to insure my daily, ve ss. and agree value at 16k.

Edited by brendan_h, 06 January 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#48 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

How much do they want to insure it for 25 ?

#49 _brendan_h_

_brendan_h_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

How much do they want to insure it for 25 ?

$680, i suspect its because of my young age why it seems high.

#50 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

Na there ridiculous with daily drivers for some reason. 

Wanted something like $600 to insure my Hilux for 10k. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users