anti hoon laws strike benders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

i think the government should be ashamed of its self for bringing in these anti hoon laws
tonight on the news of the cops taken cars away from hoons hanging burnouts

a car is someones personal belonging not for the friggin poo lice to take and charge us 300 bucks to get it back

why arent they catching the real crooks out there

#2 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

If these guys can afford to be 'hanging burnouts', surely they can afford to get their car out of a compound.

Chevy, They arent catching the real crooks because they dont have a quota of 'real crooks' that they need to catch.

Theres plenty of room out there that isnt owned by the government that you have free reign to rip burnouts on... But nope, ive gotta do it in the middle of town so all my mates can see.

RIM

#3 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

And what the hell does 'Anti Hoon Laws Strike Benders' Mean? Strike Benders?

RIM

#4 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:41 PM

This is going to throw petrol on the fire.....
BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SAID.........

If a licenced shooter is out practicing in a suburban street where people could be injured by his activities. You would see no problem at all with police confiscating his firearm..
RIGHT.
Well how is turning your drive wheels at speeds in excess of 120KPH whilst doing a skid, all that much different? If/when (more likely when) you loose control someone or somebodies property is going to get damaged...
IT ISN'T...
Both are dangerous and both are antisocial....
and if you can't see that you are wearing the wrong coloured glasses.
END RANT.

Greg..

#5 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

Oh how un-informed you blokes are!

If a person was being a d#ckhead with a gun would you want the police to take it off them? Whats the difference with a car? Both used dangerously in the wrong hands kill people.

#6 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

82911, perfectly said.

I think young Fabian here is just pissed that he cant go and do burnouts in his Torana, which you couldve gotten away with back in the 70's...

RIM

#7 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

82911, you stole my thunder!! Ha ha.

#8 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

Am i one of 'you blokes'?

Coz I'm prety sure that I'm Fairly well informed. I really don't see the point of doin burnouts on public roads... All it does is piss people off.

RIM

#9 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

Your comment about quotas is mis informed

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

I really don't see the point of doin burnouts on public roads...

Well it's quite entertaining, there's plenty to argue for it. When I have mates smoking it up outside my school or even more frequently my house, I'm quite impressed due to my immaturity.

But just because I'm a fan of it doesn't mean I think it's a good idea. The majority of the public doesn't like it, it can be very dangerous when you get stupid people standing around watching it in stupid locations etc, it's noisy, it's un-necessary pollution to the environment, and it simply does a lot of damage to cars, and creates more work for police officers where their time could be put to much better use.

At the end of the day it's just more problems for the stupid old grannies out there to complain about.

If people go out to the Industrial areas or the country, they don't risk anyone's safety, they don't risk anyone's vehicles and they don't get seen or caught by anyone who cares (police officers in particular), then everyone wins.

#11 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:43 PM

atleast your getting them back, now you know how us gun owners feel, i dont remember too much sympathy back then :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

#12 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

im for and againts
1) if some idiot comes up at 2am and starts laying the rubber down it's annoying. or if they do it infront of you whist your driving it gets a tad annoying.
2) surely doing burnouts isn't as bad as some wank stank doing 160 in a 50 zone.

So get ur own property thrash the crap out ur car, and no one will touch you. Wanna go fast? no problem go to a race track. All this = no trouble with cops. if not always expect the worse.

Cheers.

#13 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:29 AM

Wanna rip skids?..do it on a burnout pad...not out front of my place.

You might think its fun..but for the people that live there its crap..you cant do much about it for fear of retribution.

#14 _dolphinex_

_dolphinex_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:34 AM

& they wonder why the cops start to harrass the rest of us - even when you do 50 in a 60 zone...
Pete

#15 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

Have any hoons priced how much it costs to put down a sq meter of public road that is strong enough to withstand burnout activity...........yeh its not cheap.........go buy some land away from a "living zone" lay your own burn out bitumen track and go for it.
Any of you ever thought about how fast something may be spat out from a spinning tyre in a public place.... and if the tyre loses chunks etc

Otherwise, public roads are for getting from A to B, abuse that and you deserve to be "hung high"

#16 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

Should take a picture of outside my place

Not one is from me or a mate and its got 2 very large burnouts and heaps of tryhard attempts on it... and further down the street its the same thing...

#17 _LC2250_

_LC2250_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

Well it's quite entertaining, there's plenty to argue for it. When I have mates smoking it up outside my school or even more frequently my house, I'm quite impressed due to my immaturity.

:ph34r:

#18 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

Now this is IRONIC!!!

I happen to know a young bloke who thought the same as the above quote however now that he has served 11 of an 18 month jail term:
He IS the entertainment!! He can't argue about it!! The only thing he's smoking isn't his!! His not that impressed!!! and due to his Immaturity his been beaten twice and is learning the HARD WAY!!!
Ane even with all that he's still better off than the other young person he killed whilst doing a burnout in a nice safe industrial estate where it's OK !!

Does anyone else see the irony of it????? :huh:

Regards
Duck05

Edited by Duck05, 26 September 2006 - 05:49 AM.

#19 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:03 AM

Break the law, pay the penalty, simple as that. I have idiots doing burnouts near my place and it gives me the shits, especially at 2am. One of them is going to end up with a brick through his car one night if my neighbour gets up quick enough.

#20 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

there is a time and a place for burnouts, and thats off the street

if you get caught and your car gets taken off you, stiff shit :furious:

its one reason i am moving out of the suburbs at the end of the year, i am sick of the tossers out there thinking the roads are a burnout pad and a race track :furious:

#21 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:11 AM

^^Pretty much what these guys said, do the wrong thing, be prepared to pay the price, you know you're doing the wrong thing so be ready to pay for it

#22 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Go organise a burnout day....It's in the right place at the right time, performed under the right (read safe) circumstances.

Think of the respect you'll earn from the coppers and the neighbours.

Keep it off the street, the streets are full of the public.
It's no place for it.

2c

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

LOL @ Alister! HAHAHHAHAHAHHA :rolleyes:

Duck05, I don't really understand what your post is saying.

Edited by Heath, 26 September 2006 - 09:30 AM.

#24 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

Heath, Duck05 is saying that even though he (The guy who is now in Jail) did it in a supposedly safe area, he ended up killing a kid, and going to Jail for it.

I'm not sure if i see the irony here though...

RIM

#25 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

^ Ahhhh

Thankfully because I said:

If people go out to the Industrial areas or the country, they don't risk anyone's safety... then everyone wins.

there is no irony involved whatsoever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users