anti hoon laws strike benders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#51 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

First time I've been on this site on my Username for a while, and this thread was bound to go south when it was made. Chevy mate, I understand that your annoyed and all, but maybe if we all have harsh and stupid things to say, can't we just keep it to our selves, as my mother use to say to me "If I don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all."

Anyway back on topic, I can smoke tyre's on my pushie, that's why my rear wheel looks like slicks lol

Edited by Liam.W, 26 September 2006 - 10:43 PM.

#52 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

Chevy_253_Torana.

I really thought you had more sense... or wee smart enough not to show your disregard on an open and public forum. I guess not.

I'm a bit of a hoon... I enjoy a good fang off the lights.. a bit of wheelspin action.. but there is a time and place for everything and unfortunately as time goes on those places and times are becoming lesser and fewer.

When i was younger it was mroe accepted as i'm sure alot of the oder forum members would agree that in their time it was easier yet again.

But the world we live in is how it is NOW. Doing that kind of stuff with the volume of traffic and people around now is simply stupidity. Luckily there are places you can go to "enjoy" Yourselves in a safe manner these days.. and for the price of entry your assured of safety should things go wrong. I know what i choose!

Ive been around the hoon scene when i was younger.. Decided that i would NEVER take the HQ to that type of place simply because of the danger of the idiots around. And ya know.. ive earnt alot more respect from the people i HAVENT raced off the lights.. than the ones you know you could chop.

Unless they can prove they run quicker than a mid 12 1/4 mile.. i wont waste my fuel on them!! What have i got to prove?? NOTHING.

When i had the BRNOUT plates on teh car i was egged on to do a skid outside a workshop where they were training forklift drivers... I declined and was actually thanked by one guy who said " i can see she;d do a skid easy mate.. thanks for not choking us!!".
Again.. more respect for doing the RIGHT thing.

Its not about being macho, its not about being tough, or fully SIK... It's about brains and ego. I dont need to prove to anyone what the car can or cant do, but if i decide to drop a little skid then its my call and i'll wear the rap if it comes.

Hrmm.. i must be getting old.

#53 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

Well said Tiny. Chevy does have more sense than he is using, but we all get carried away in internet-arguments from time to time.

#54 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

I think this is also something that must be said:

Posted Image

...although it probably applies to me more than anyone else here.

Edited by Heath, 26 September 2006 - 10:50 PM.

#55 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:50 PM

HAHAHA! I love that pic, Heath.

RIM

#56 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

^^ what are you saying here Heath, a win is a win or its alright to be retarted or both.
intheendidontreallygiveadam

#57 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

Street Racing is NOT Drag Racing.

RIM

Here here!! :clap:

#58 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

yea i think it may be wise to get tiny or another big gun to close this one down before i go again

There was a "big gun" watching and I was giving a warning by telling you to play nice in the sand pit.

<--- under my avatar it says "Admin" tis there for a reason. :)

#59 _lurkin308_

_lurkin308_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

Very well said tiny we have all had a street race but the problem is like you said your car runs mid 12. Im sick and tyred of my car will run this and my car will run that how many times do you see these people on the strip never, so what is the point. My lc 308 will run good and it will be on the strip before the road as then i will have nothing to prove.And i think the reason a lot of these people dont run there cars is because they wont even come close to the time they want.

#60 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:07 PM

I didnt even see that post tinks! - That's why we have such a good admin and mod team.. we're always on the ball!!

Heath: Love that pic ;)

Lurkin308: That's what its about mate... Really.. why bother!! and even if it is a comparable car... why bother? you dont get a time slip.. you dont get any proof of what you did.. youjust get caught by the cops and reamed!! Who needs that shit!

ive put too much time and money into my car to give it to a police officer to tow away!

CHeers!

#61 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

chevy maybe one day when you build a car with some decent horse power then youll grow up and realise that the aim is not to spin the tyres.also you think its acceptable to do burn outs on a public road, what happens when you loose it and run over some bodies kid or plow into thier pride and joy whether it be a house or a car, i tell you if you were to do that to me you will be praying for the police to come :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: just grow up, its wankers like you who are encouraging these law makers to work over time to stop our fun even when on private property!!!!!!!

#62 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:31 AM

bugger him, just let him find out the hard way, when he crashes or causes an accident, then he might learn

#63 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

for your information i am doing up 3 cars at the moment one with decent horsepower figures in a lc coupe i am not one of those blokes who will go and do a burnout around every corner and such as it may sound. im a quiet normal driver around the streets and such

my real argument is whats going to happen when i go for another burnout which i havent done since 14 months ago

what about if i get at the lights against a vy ss or ba xr8 (obviously when i have the v8 car on the go and not the 6 sh!tter )

i know people who think every time they take off think its a race and have been in cars doing 120 down a main street of town

i am not one of those idiots infact if i wanted to go silly id probably go out into the country more or back streets

but what happens to us blokes who like to have a bit of fun once in a while
thats where the anti hoon laws are bullsh!t

#64 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

You blokes who wanna have a bit of fun once in a while should go off the streets to do it!

How hard is that?

RIM

#65 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

to open up a larger can of worms, i have to say reading through this thread and some of the opinions, people are doing some backflips and jumping on the bandwagon. There was/is a thread about top speeds, more then a few people posted theirs in there, many were on rece tracks... many were not. Who here can honestly say they havent broken a speed limit or got a bit sideways or anything like that, even if you havent done it in years or decades, you enjoyed it. I tend to baby my LJ around, but im not going to say i geve it a shitload every now and then, i empathise with those who have lost loved ones, or been injured by said "dickheads" but the "wrong place, wrong time" philosophy comes in to the equation, now please dont take my words out of context. by wrong place wrong time i mean- If some cock in his car starts chucking helis and your right near them, move yourself to a safer spot, if your in the car with a friend who wants to drive like a tool, tell them to pull over or if you know how they drive, dont get in the car, you may have to walk or wait for a bus but you will live if something goes wrong. i am mainly applying this to burnouts, excessive speeding is another story, My mum lost a daughter 24 years ago when a young lady (P plater) took a corner at "excessive speed" and my great uncle swirved off the road to avoid her. (baby safety capsules wernt around then). so before people start with the "mi-informed" or that i dont know how itfeels, know that i can see both sides point of view and can realise that no-1 is going to win. There is always going to be a moment when you have a "brain snap" and do something stupid, that said honestly how often does anyone get the chance to go circuit racing or go do burnouts legally? There isn't that many venues, and even less events, and those that are available often intimidate people to the point they dont want to use them (amount of booing you hear from crowds at WSID is enough to scare any newies from trying, and no i dont mean myself, im just waiting for a new box that wont fall out half track) i have had my yarn and i know it will get flamed by some people but hopefully it all makes sense to some people. CHEERS Chris :rockon:

#66 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:50 PM

Please don't close this thread, it's very entertaining, LOL

I don't know how it went onto street racing,.. but Street racing is definately NOT Drag racing, it's more like traffic dodging and risk taking.
Racing on the streets is never a measure of ability or car speed, it's just total bullsh!t. When I was younger, I remember wankers in Port Melbourne rambling on about how good they are and how they dragged off a 13sec car with their 19sec sh!tbox at the beach and all they did was dodge through traffic barely missing people and cars. Their peers humoured them and the chick's just thought they were nobheads. Very uncool.
Today is not much different and on the point of women, I know that most who are attracted to the muscle car, are only attacted to the safe driver, which is why, when I used to get out more, I had the pleasure of driving many chickie babe's home in my dunger gemini from areas like this, simply because they didn't feel safe with the idiots burning around acting like d!ckheads,.. and yet I've always been an ugly cvnt, LOL.

I actually place burnouts on the bottom of the concern list because it's pretty trivial unless it's a big burnout with the car thrashing sideways down a populated street. A bit of a skid or a wheel spin is pretty trivial and petty, so yeah I too get a bit sick and tired of the hypocrites who go witch hunting over internet forums and flaming those (like heath) who are merely being honest and genuine.

Everyone likes a bit of fun and a cheap thrill, a bit of a wheelspin here and there and a sideways flick now and then and the occasional stomping on the loud pedal and although I don't condone it, it is certianly not deserving of your vehicle being conviscated, no matter what some extremist witch hunting fags says who merely want to crucify anyone with a stereo and mag wheels and drawing self destructive negative attention towards the larger car enthusiast population.
However, that buck stops when it turns into pure stupidity and a game of luck and risk with tossers doubling the speed limit in populated areas with traffic (including dumb drivers that don't follow the road rules) and people trying to cross the road and obsticles everywhere. Or when someone with little experience tries to either immitate Tokyo bullcrap drifting or doing long and large burnout up and down residential streets with the car flicking sideways here and there, purely relying on probable consistency of their Diff, in that scenario, you become a menace to society and very unliked by everyone.

I shall close my rant with some facts on what I have witnessed, without going into detail:

1. I have never seen an accident caused by a burnout, granted that they can cause an accident.
2. I have seen a few accidents happen from street racing and they happened very early in the race and ended up with cars smashed AND people injured. These incidents ended up very expensive for the people involved and insurance was void for some of them and charges laid for some others. In all these cases, people were very upset and the people involved shamed.
3. I have seen numerous accidents from poor driving, not following the road rules or paying attention, road rage and especially drink driving, with severe injuries caused and dead people squashed in wreckages.

People changing lanes suddenly without looking or indicating, people running red lights, talking on phones, driving very slow in the right lane forcing others to dangerously overtake from the left, people not giving way or going through stop signs, people road raging, tailgating, driving in the oncoming lane, people sideswiping others, people overtaking turning trucks, people drink driving or driving whilst on drugs, people driving with trailors badly loaded with rubbish falling all over the road, people simply being carless or wreckless and the list can go on forever and still a lot of the time these things are done deliberately, yet THESE people sook about some young fella chirping his tyres, playing some doof doof, to get the attention and social acceptance from his peers, (America shows us that he could do a lot worse without a car).

So with all the "hoon this" and "hoon that", I hope people don't lose perspective on what really goes on out there and what causes accidents and be thankfull that we have booze busses and red light cameras etc.

Cheers,
Rick.

#67 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:51 PM

FAAAARK, that was a long post.
I wonder if anyone will read it, LOL.

#68 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

what we are all trying to say rick is there is a time and a place for running amok in your car, and suburban streets are never the place. i have spoken to many coppers about this subject and alot of them seem to have the attitude that if these little shit want to do a burn out then why not go some where where they cant hurt or annoy some one else, preferably at a specified place like A.I.R. but they have even said quietly that even a quiet industrial estate would better then the suburban streets and this is my point but personally i dont get any enjoyment out of burn outs, its just not my thing

#69 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

No worries buddy, I got your point, and I understood everyone elses point too, but I just hope that some people on this forum understand the points I was putting across,.. ahem, assuming they have the patience to read all of that massive post.

Hey, I should get like 4 or 5 post counts for that one, LOL.

Cheers,
Rick.

#70 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

1. I have never seen an accident caused by a burnout, granted that they can cause an accident.

Neither have I, ive seen two cars lose control while doing a burnout after the tyres gripped.....whatever happened) in my street, hit the gutter hard and smashed into the tree on the nature strip.......yeh its not an accident.........just a possible outcome of stupid behaviour.

#71 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:38 PM

Neither have I, ive seen two cars lose control while doing a burnout after the tyres gripped.....whatever happened) in my street, hit the gutter hard and smashed into the tree on the nature strip.......yeh its not an accident.........just a possible outcome of stupid behaviour.

Oh, wouldn't that mean that you HAVE seen an accident caused by a burnout? assuming that smashing into a tree is classified as an accident.

eh.. sorry, couldn't help myself to nit-pick and correct you there on that little technicality in your lingual logic,.. I was just being a devilsadvocate. LOL.

Cheers,
Rick.

Edited by TORANR AMORE, 27 September 2006 - 01:38 PM.

#72 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:19 PM

Toranamore, you are confused between the terms collision and accident.

perhaps look up the dictionary definition of accident:
Here are some:

1 an event without an apparent cause
2. occurence of things by chance
3. causing physical harm or damage brought about unintentionally.

If someone does a burnout and loses control causing a COLLISION

its not no1: the collision(event) has a cause (decision of driver behind wheel to take risks)
its not no2: hardly occured by chance......that would be like a tree falling across the road etc.
its not no3: the decision by the driver to take risks was intentional.

Perhaps look at it this way......someone comes into your home and starts juggling your fine china.........drops and smashes one...........then says it was an accident.......how are you going to react?

#73 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

Play Nice in the sand pit.

#74 72XU1

72XU1

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hello

I haven't been on for a while. I think I know why.

I reckon members who openly advocate hoon behaviour (or other illegal activity) should be deregistered from the forum.

It's supposed to be about Toranas FCS

There, I've said it and I'm glad.

C'mon mods - finish it now.

72XU1

#75 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

But we ARE being nice Tinker's, see no sand has been thrown :D, no insults or death threats and no-one has been severely bashed, so it's all good :D

devilsadvocate, I would react by printing out your definition and going through it with them, LOL.

So,.. eh what your saying is, that the guy doing the burnout intentionally collided with the tree and it's not an accident because he did it deliberately? Am I getting the equation? by the way, do you have an equation for chance or a way to measure it? with a slide rule perhaps?

Lets build a model for this shall we? umm lets include human error and factors that arise unexpectedly that become out of the control of the individual.

Rest assured there is no confusion here, Joe plod goes to the Sandown and races in a 1/4 mile, he has done this many times before without a problem but his left rear wheel locks up momentarily and he ACCIDENTLY collides with the wall.
Later Joe Plod doe's a burnout on the pad he has done this many times before without a problem but he ACCIDENTLY runs off the pad and sideswipes a barrel.
Later on that week, in his frustration and anger, Joe Plod does a burnout whilst leaving his driveway, the throttle gets stuck, he loses control and he ACCIDENTLY collides with a parked car.
The insurance company does not accept his claim due to wreck less driving although he never intentionally damaged anything.

There�s HEAP�s of different interpretations of the same definition on the net:
http://www.google.co...nition&ct=title

Mate, you don�t accidentally lay rubber on the bitumen from a burnout, but it IS an accident if you smash into a tree, unless that was the desired outcome.

Cheers,
Rick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users