anti hoon laws strike benders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#26 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

the only thing which is stoping me doing burnouts at the moment is the screwed 202 personally i dont give a dam about. i dont let shit like these laws to stop me something any one who does is a chicken sh!t in my books
personally i dont see the point in paying 50 bucks or whatever it costs for a few minutes of fun as well on a race track

i suppose everyone who is all for these anti hoon laws are all for the gst and also the governments attempt to try and get rid of our penalty rates

isnt it also if you do a burnout on your property ilegal as well?

#27 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

If people go out to the Industrial areas or the country, they don't risk anyone's safety, they don't risk anyone's vehicles and they don't get seen or caught by anyone who cares (police officers in particular), then everyone wins.

The person's own safety is at risk as well as any passengers etc or if they are by themselves, what happens if while in the industrial area and no one is around and something goes pear shaped and the person is in need of urgent medical help due to life threatning injuries? Worse case I know but I am sure it has happened, if not will happen.

If people want to do burnouts, take it to a track, most speedways and or drag strips have a burnout pad. You are then covered by public liability and if you are good enough you can win prizes/money.

#28 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

Who may call them chicken shit, but generally they are referred to as educated people, which clearly you are not. Further emphasised by you not being able to see the point :tease:

When you get caught ripping it up in your clapped out 202 I hope you meet a extremely firm hand of the law.

#29 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

this has happened as 2 blokes in a hotrod a few years back in geelong were going crazy down some industrial estate area lost control of the car and rolled it over and it had doors on it the doors were locked in togheter after the smash up and they were trapped as the car caught alight

#30 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

personally i dont see the point in paying 50 bucks or whatever it costs for a few minutes of fun as well on a race track

isnt it also if you do a burnout on your property ilegal as well?

I dont see the point either..........If you dont want to pay the going rate, then make your own track.....buy the land, get permission from the relevant authorities and build your pad, public roads are not your 2nd option, they are there for transportation........not to satisfy the needs of some misguided hoons.

Depending where your property is it may be illegal to do burnouts for noise and pollution reasons.

#31 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

i supose some of the forum memebers here dont have anything just toyota corallas or maybe just the push bike i am sick of hearing about these goody two shoe storys they make me sick so cut it out okay any bloke with a holden is bound to have some of there own "ilegal" fun

and to the people out there who supposedly obide by these laws and not have any fun i say take off your skirts queers.

#32 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

Chevy, settle the fvck down.

But you see the point of endangering people, wrecking public roads, and just being a general nuisance to society?

Please explain, so that we may see the point aswell.

RIM

#33 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

How can you not understand that fun can be had LEGALLY?

RIM

#34 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

so do you own your own house chevy? i guess not.

when you do you might realise how nice it would be to go home after work or on the weekends and enjot some piece and quiet sometimes and not have to listen to some wanker trying to do a burnout in a clapped out old car

grow up and stop trying to be the big man you are obviously not

#35 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

grow up and stop trying to be the big man you are obviously not

Well said. and so True.

'look at me, I'm a rebel'

RIM

#36 _Red Dragon_

_Red Dragon_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

For these 'off the street/open practice' track days how much??
In this nice world we are so lucky to be in you are probably going to piss off somebody no matter how legal/illegal the "activity" is. It is so easy to get angry/worked up. I try my best to not to give a shit but what can you do. I every now and then give the tyres a bit of wheelspin action, not burnouts. I know I'm doing something stupid but I still do it anyway. cheap thrills i guess. I had a Toyota Corolla smashed it reaaal good, its now a cube. I had a bike too, got rid of that too. :tease:

#37 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

successs there is a bloke amounst the girls thanks red dragon for comfirming this may be a car forum site and not womens rights

#38 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

i supose some of the forum memebers here dont have anything just toyota corallas or maybe just the push bike i am sick of hearing about these goody two shoe storys they make me sick so cut it out okay any bloke with a holden is bound to have some of there own "ilegal" fun

and to the people out there who supposedly obide by these laws and not have any fun i say take off your skirts queers.

Chevy the main point is, if you're doing something wrong be prepared to pay for it if you get caught, ive got a fairly good collection of Toranas and ive owned a few other V8's too, but when you're young and stupid-like we all were- you do lots of shit without a care in the world, but its only when you get older you sit back and say- shit doing those things was pretty stupid. What you dont have-because of your age- is experience, you think doing a burnout on a public road is cool or ok..but you dont look at it from the point of, if I loose control of my car and hit some1 and kill them i'm in the shit-all you see is your mates cheering you on. Take it from some1 who has seen first hand what doing the wrong thing on the street can cause, I lost a close ex-girlfriend of mine about 13years ago, because she was "hooning" in her LJ GTR, have you ever seen what a torana looks like when it hits a pole headon and pushes the engine back enough to push the driver into the back seat? Its not nice, its something that stays with you for awhile, so like I said be prepared for the worst, a fine, a loss of license, or a funeral, yours or some1 else's. Remember accidents happen when you least expect it, and you might change your life or some1 else's for the worst

#39 _Red Dragon_

_Red Dragon_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

don't be so harsh, I only just turned 21 so still young.

#40 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:03 PM

Play nice in the sandpit Chevy or you may find yourself having a forced holiday.

This advice comes from one of the "girls" on the car forum LOL

#41 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

i supose some of the forum memebers here dont have anything just toyota corallas or maybe just the push bike i am sick of hearing about these goody two shoe storys they make me sick so cut

Chevy Id certainly be impressed if you could spin the wheels/burn rubber on a push bike.....that would be a test of a "real man" (wearing a skirt or not)rather than just being able to push an accelerator pedal to the firewall

Edited by devilsadvocate, 26 September 2006 - 10:11 PM.

#42 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

Ive burnt rubber on a pushy before...

RIM

#43 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

I've done road racing, crit races, veladrome races, BMX'ing, mountainbiking etc, smoking it up is simply one of the many stupid skills you learn.

#44 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:27 PM

and whats everyones oppinions about drag races at the lights? something that i reckon determines a real car compared to the burnouts

tinkers and the other gmh female members i apoligise if i have offended anybody

#45 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

Street Racing is NOT Drag Racing.

RIM

#46 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

Street Racing is NOT Drag Racing.

Chevy, mate, how does a race at the stop lights determine how real a car is? When really, all it determines is that the driver of the car is a tool.

RIM

#47 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

nope its probably better

#48 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

It doesn't mean that the driver is a tool, even I've burnt people off at the lights on my L's and everyone knows I'm not a tool :tease:

I regard racing off the lights very highly, but I'm not gonna go on about it on a public forum.

#49 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

yea i think it may be wise to get tiny or another big gun to close this one down before i go again

#50 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

hmm...

depends on the seriousness of the race, i spose...

I dunno. Never been involved in anythin like it, so i cant really comment...

I'm probably a bit different to most of the other guys here, ive got access to shitloads of driving space (Farm), so i can take my driving aggression out relatively safely...

RIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users