- - - - -

Clints LH Project

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#126 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Another day gone, took longer then I thought but really happy my interior actually look like a Interior now!

Carpet took the longest... abit of persuasion with the heat gun and trimming and it ended up fitting pretty good.
Posted Image

Seats in, im only a lil fella and the front seats and pretty snug on me, feel sorry for anyone big getting in the front.
Posted Image

Plenty of room in the back tho.
Posted Image

Bad pic as I ran out of light but I Trimmed the surround for the shifter and it looks neat enough for now (will be making a custom full length center console eventually)
Posted Image

#127 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

That looks awesome mate!

#128 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Went over the car and made up a list of whats left to do so ive been slowly chipping away at that...

Mostly little things like fit Kick panels, seals behind tail-lights, fitting missing bolts/screws to various places, painted and fit the little vents that go just behind the back doors, Changed my bonnet cable routing so it opens easier, Fuel pump earth wire, Battery isolator switch etc

Was checking the dash and found I had my indicators wired wrong way around (left was right) but that was a easy fix... Dash looks pretty cool all lit up.
Posted Image

Battery Isolator
Posted Image

The Stock SLR door trims were lookin a little tired, tried to give em a clean up but were faded and all the chrome had come off the stripe down the middle so I just gave them a coat of paint for now. Will probly make up some custom trims in the future But at least they look neat for now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My next break im hoping to get it booked in to have the motor fired up for the first time and run in on the Dyno :)

#129 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Nice mate! Love the dash.

#130 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Small update, done a few little things here and there but my Steering wheel finally arrived

"Psycho" from Billet specialties with a black leather half wrap
Posted Image

Posted Image

was a bloody mixup with the order tho and my Horn button didn't come... I still need to get a boss kit for it too

Had all the scuff strips re-chromed, not the best pic as it was dark
Posted Image

Billet specialties "Flame" mirror, ended up using a Sikaflex Adhesive to glue it to the window... Hopefully its strong enough. It feels solid but only time will tell I guess
Posted Image

Flame radiator cap and 2"x13" Overflow bottle, just need to get some hose to connect it up
Posted Image

#131 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Like the steering wheel Clint!!

Wish i had that sort of room behind the grille... between the intake "snorkel" and transmission cooler, its pretty tight in there haha

#132 Evan

Evan

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Looking good clint!

Where about did you get the radiator over flow from?

Ev

#133 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Billet Specialties.. I ordered it all through Rocket Industries.

Billet Works in Malaga also do one quite similar but this one's cap matched my radiator cap and I liked the mounts better.

#134 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

ehhh billet steering wheels, not my kinda thing :( but other than that looking good mate,

#135 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Hmm well progress has been slow. I had issues with the rear disc's hitting the cradle of the calipers. Took the axles to Final drive and he pressed on some 2mm spacers which got the disc centered in the caliper

Got all new tyres but was still having issues with the fronts touching the flares.
Posted Image

The flare seemed twisted inwards a little but could easily be pulled out by hand, just needed to figure out a way to hold it like that.
Posted Image

Ended up making these bars that bolt to the bumper bar mounts and push it out nicely.
Posted Image
Posted Image

In doing that I noticed the fit of the front spoiler wasnt the best (after I paid to have it all fit professionally)
Posted Image

I pulled out the 2 bolts and the spoiler could easily be pushed up to be parallel with the bumper and sit nicer with the flare, just drilled 2 new holes and is much better.
Posted Image

Tyres were also juuuuust touching on the rear at full lock on the panel join... I forgot to get a pic of it trimmed but I basically cut it back just short of the spot welds and gave plenty of room
Posted Image

Was also having issues with my steering, which was odd as almost everything is brand new and the rack reconditioned... Decided to just pull the rack out and get it checked out... but in doing so I discovered 1 of the cotter pins was loose and allowing some play and the uni joint had some play in it also, so will get a new one of those and new cotters all round... Man was a mission to get all those cotters out with the V8 in there

#136 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

More progress. I had made another thread detailing my steering slop issues but basically in the end it was just a worn uni-joint, loose cotter pin and I replaced the rag joint for good measure.

Took the car back to Dave at Extreme Performance engines so he can fire the engine up for the first time and run the cam in etc so by next break the car should be drivable (a wheel alignment would probably be a good idea)

And since It was dust free for the first time in a long time and threads are boring without pics, altho was abit cramped to get some decent shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's hoping for 350rwhp+

#137 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Looking Mint.

Hope to see it in the flesh one day.

#138 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

The scrappies will take some of those gem's away so you have more room you know

But pinch a good manual console out of one for me first... for the Dat

#139 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

Coming together quickly Clint. Fark to think I was giving you shit a few years back saying the build is taking way to long and I will finish before you....

#140 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Oh it did take way way too long, it sat for a whole year at a time sometimes without being touched, but working away, buying a house and having another project car does that. I'm sure they will both be worth the wait tho :D

#141 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Dave rang from Extreme Performance, Cars ready to pick up! with just a basic run in tune on the fresh motor it made 340hp, just shy of my Aimed 350. But hopefully once shes fully run in and a performance tune we can find some more horsies.

In Margaret river untill the 20th tho so wont be picking it up till then.

#142 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

I'll go get it

Dealer plates

Its no trouble really.... hahaha

Kidding mate... hope it gets rego and driving soon... Big Als is coming up Feb 11

#143 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

Haha its actually getting picked up by tilt tray and Taken to Nathan/2wild4u at Wilkinson's to have the alignment and camber etc setup and then Ill be able to pick it up from there when I get back.

Crap thing is the 2nd hand 650 holley I bought turned out to be shit and he had nothing but trouble with it, and rather waste too much time with it while the dyno was on hire he grabbed one of his spare carbys.

So im not going to have a working carby so wont be able to drive it? Anyone got a good (came off a good running engine) carby for sale?

Edited by Viper, 09 December 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#144 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

It would be cheaper in the long run to buy a new carby out of the USA. It would be worth looking at the Edelbrock Peformer carbies.

#145 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Its only temporary tho, Really just so I can start the car and hear it roar and possibly drive to the next workshop before the LPG EFI gets fitted

#146 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

For less than the cost of a new carb from the states you can buy several rebuild kits and all the tuning gear you will ever need.

Summit is your friend.

Unless the body itself is rooted, stripped threads warped baseplate etc, i'd be working with what you have.

Cheers.

#147 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

A 600 Holley is cheap local

#148 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

This is what Dave from Extreme said about the carby:

Carby is leaking fuel from the back bowl thru the metering plate some how, cant say I’ve seen it before, so it is always running rich from the leak. It can be started and driven but it runs a bit crappy. It seems like every time it starts it fills the back bowl back up and then when it’s shut off it slowly empties it into the motor, so at start up it’s flooded. Also needs a new Vacuum secondary diaphragm as it leaks air and the secondaries won’t open, so it’s really just a two barrel carby

I paid $200 for this one, I actually dont know too much about carbies... Ive pulled a few apart gave em a clean and put them back together but not even sure which part is the metering plate? altho I do know what the secondary diaphram is..

#149 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Delete

Edited by LX Torry Freak, 09 December 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#150 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Here is a link to where they are.

http://www.holley.co...ring Plates.asp

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users