MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Bummer... I need to get some of this fittings for mine.

#205 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Shit not even close hope you opened it carefully so we can credit it for

#206 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Had my first attempt at fibreglassing today...

The airbox in the engine bay was going to be in the way of my fuel rail, Originally I was just going to cut half of it down like in dirtbags thread which did give me clearance to the rail but not around the coolant/lpg lines running to under the guard :/

So plan B... I cut 20mm out of the middle almost the whole length of the box.
Posted Image

I used super glue in a few spots to hold it together while I taped it up and glassed it
Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a couple of air bubbles in this bit that I couldnt seem to get out...well I would push them out then 1 min later there would be a bubble again :/ thinking it was because of the sharp corner...
Posted Image

I wasnt sure if just resin would be strong/adheasive enough by itself for the small gap?
Posted Image

Thanks to Andy / LS2LXHatch for supplying me a 2nd air box to have a play with. Oh and yes I do have to cut down the fan on the motor for firewall clearance also.

Edited by Viper, 12 August 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#207 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Fail...

Posted Image

AEROFLOW! sucks to be you.....

Your gonna have to give bullet cylinder heads in Adelaide a call,they are the only ones that make the proper billet bracket to fit Torana.

I got mine two weeks ago and was told that so many guys make the mistake of buying the copy's that aeroflow produce not knowing that if fitting to a Torana they will foul out.

Maybey chuck yours on eBay and try recoup some money,

The bullet ones aren't cheap at $275 a pop but they fit!

Last page my thread I got pics of it fitted.

Cheers

#208 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Got a little more done on the weekend...

Mounted the ICE coil
Posted Image

And finished all the LPG and coolant lines running to/from the vapourisers and fuel rails
Posted Image

Also give both the rails a good polish.
Posted Image

Hopefully get a chance during the week to bog and spray the modified heater box.

List of things left to do:
Finish LPG Tank brackets
Fabricate fake alloy drop tank
Sort out a accerlator cable bracket and air cleaner for the new Throttle body
Wire in the ECU
Weld in a bung for the O2 sensor

Think thats about it, then take it to the gas guys and they will run the main gas lines and tune the car for me.

#209 _SmartE_

_SmartE_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Nice work on the engine bay Clint can hardly tell it's on gas. I hope you don't mind I'm going to pinch your coach bolt idea after a over sight with my engine bay. I hope you havn't got a patent on it :deal:

#210 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

agree with above, great looking engine bay for a gas setup! its going to be a shame to have to put an air filter on that as it looks pretty cool as is

#211 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Go for it SmartE :) patent is still pending feel free to pay me royalties later ;)

Thanks Stinga, yea I was thinking of using one of those long oval air filters so you can still see the rails and a lot of the manifold, be we'll see

#212 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Managed to find abit of time after work during the week to bog the Heater box.
Posted Image

Here is a random picture just because I love the look of roller rockers
Posted Image

Didnt get too much done today being fathers day and spent the morning with the old man, had a good feed at Fast Eddy's But did manage to "finish" fabricating one of the Tank straps for the LPG tank
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Will bolt to the chassis rails something like this, can also see the second strap which still needs abit more work. Does anyone think I should brace the top bend similar to like I have the bottom bend? There isnt much room to do it on the inside of the bend like the lower one but wouldnt be hard to do it on the outside, just abit ugly. But last thing I want is the LPG tank falling out! Its all been built to spec tho to pass pits.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Viper, 02 September 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#213 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Geez progress has been slow... I just finished the ECU wiring except for the o2 sensor.

This is the engine loom consisting of the 8 injectors, Coolant temp sensor, Throttle position sensor and idle controller
Posted Image

And then with the loom all fitted and hidden as much as possible
Posted Image

I mounted the ECU where the glove box usually goes
Posted Image

What Ive got left to do before Its ready to be run with the EFI:
-Weld in a bung for the o2 sensor and fit its wiring
-Fix the bit of rust I found in the boot floor
-Paint & fit my LPG Tank brackets
-Paint & fit my modified blower motor cover (heater vent box)
-Fabricate a Accelerator cable bracket and get cable to fit firewall better
-Couple of small hoses to be fitted
-Fabricate a fake alloy drop tank to cover the LPG Tank
-Modify my rear brakes so the calipers are on the front rather then the back and being too close to the shock absorber mounts
-Bleed Brakes

Probably a few small things ive forgotten.

#214 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

well hurry up, get it done

#215 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

-Modify my rear brakes so the calipers are on the front rather then the back and being too close to the shock absorber mounts
-Bleed Brakes

Barely worth an update but ive come inside for a break so thought may as well...

Didnt get any pics of the o2 sensor in place as im sure you have all seen one before, But I had to make a little custom extension for the Throttle linkage as a Carby throttle cable bracket doesn't quite match up with my EFI throttle body. Didnt have any bar stock on hand so grabbed a M10 stainless bolt from bunnings and cut the shank off... Original plan was to drill and tap it so the little Ball joint bit on the end could just bolt onto the extension but after snapping the tap + swearing grr I ended up just drilling it out and welding the ball joint bit to the end, Managed to Tap the other end so It could be bolted to the Throttle arm tho.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ive got about 10days to myself over the xmas break so goal is to have everything done ready for the LPG guys to run the main gas line and sign off on it!

#216 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Alright so I got into the rust in the passenger side chassis rail today
Posted Image

There wasnt too much and thankfully it was only in the skin and not that chassis rail itself.
Posted Image

Found all sorts inside
Posted Image

Gave it abit of a clean and cut abit more out
Posted Image

Ive need to go pick up my small sandblaster from work so I can give it a really good clean, a Good coating inside then weld in some clean steel.

So I turned my attention to the LPG Tank cradle, finished it off and rounded the edges etc, will drop it off to be blasted and powder coated next week
Posted Image

#217 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well finished the rust repair today.

Patch Panel in place with holes drilled for the plug welds
Posted Image

Posted Image

All welded up, including the 2 smaller patch pieces and ground smooth
Posted Image

Before & After
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also after speaking with Neil I ended up grounding away the section that was extruding from the caliper and close to the shock absorber rather then swapping them to the front.

Edited by Viper, 02 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#218 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I noticed a little while ago that when I jacked the front of the car up from the body the front crossmember would drop, So I pulled out the chassis rail plugs to take a look thinking that maybe the crossmember bolts had just come loose after driving...

Posted Image

#219 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

looks alot like the pile of blue crud i had under my ute after the leaf spring pads disintegrated. nothing but rubber now.

#220 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

good old noltec bushes

#221 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Same thing happened to me, but with the red brand ones.

#222 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Grabbed some bushes from Rarespares today, happy they had some on the shelf.

And finally pulled my finger out and sprayed the heater box duct
Posted Image

Posted Image

Starting to run out of things to do... which is GREAT

#223 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

-Bleed Brakes

Well the LPG cradle came back from the powdercoaters, not bad for $60 including sandblasting.
Posted Image

So I could fit up the tank
Posted Image

Looks sorta tough as is, but will be better with the drop tank cover
Posted Image

I ended up cutting off the exhaust just before the diff as it was a off the shelf item it was hitting all over the place and too close to the tank to allow me to fit the drop tank in there too plus the pipes didnt exit square to the body, so once its back from the Gasman and I take it to work and get it up on the hoist ill fabricate new pipes from stainless.

Engine bay is 90% finished, need a bigger air cleaner nut and to get my heater motor chromed
Posted Image

So just needs to goto the Gasman (Rage LPG) to have the connections from the tank to the engine done and get him to sign off on it, then take it to work to fabricate the drop tank and exhaust, bleed the brakes and she should be ready for Rego! Typical tho, Rage is booked out for a month :(

#224 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Clint this is awesome. So funny how years ago I was giving you heaps for working on Gemmi and not Torana. Now you are going to beat me. When its done, come up to might and get this RB sorted!

#225 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well Got it into Rage, He ran the LPG lines, got her running and signed off on the work I had done. Work has been hectic so still only getting half day sundays to work on it so progress is slow.

Inside of the guards were never sealed and had a light coating of surface rust so I gave them both a quick once over then a couple coats of POR15

fendersuncoated_zps6eaba119.jpg

fenderscoated_zpsa83a2bc4.jpg

Then today refitted the front end and it really highlighted how poorly the panel & paint work was on the car. I has had the whole radiator support panel replaced at some stage. But not quite right... The locating holes on the front apron did not line up at all and spent a few hours struggling to get any sort of even gaps and levels between the panels. Not that im complaining the paint job cost me $3500 8 years ago so I got a great job for the price. But after being at Reaper customs for a year now im noticing more and more on the car, almost tempted to redo it all but I really just want it on the road and enjoy it abit... I'll just have to start work on my Hatch sooner rather then later.

frontendbackon_zps35fb66a1.jpg

Had a issue with the Alternator back feeding and the engine not shutting down when the key was off but thanks to a few members on here I found the solution, same deal with my Thermo temp switch. (Thanks guys)

Just waiting until the hoist is installed at the new workshop so I can get her up and finish the exhaust and fabricate the drop tank, Badly needs a wash and then hopefully REGO

Edited by Viper, 12 May 2013 - 08:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users